Good news to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news to share!

What with all the nastiness in the world, I thought you all might appreciate a bit of good news.

Here at work, we have been designing a telecommunications/data cabinet for use by our customers for the pupose of supporting blade servers, routers, switches, etc. for the past 2 years. Our customer was looking for a direct replacement for our competitor's less sturdy frame that would support up to 2000 pounds of equipment in a seismic zone 4 environment. (Think LA or San Francisco).

Today, we just received the news that our frame has been accepted for use and should start receiving orders any day. This is FANTASTIC news and may result in hiring additional employees to handle the additional workload. Our frames are built IN AMERICA by AMERICANS with AMERICAN products.

Keep your heads up folks... we kept this job from going overseas!

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Cool Ron, congrats! We could use cabinets that are sturdy, cool, and waterproof so they don't get destroyed every time a hurricane rips a hole in the roof of one of our buildings. ;)
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Comment

There seems to be a trend in US maufacturing...keeping it here...the cost of shiiping overseas is increasing. I have read that many places have decided to keep their products in house due to over all costs and a small profit margin...let's hope the trend continues
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

What really sold our customer on our product was the lead time from order to delivery. We can have it on their doorstep in 3-4 weeks. To order from overseas, it takes 7-10 weeks.

Oh... and our price was right in line.

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

That's fantastic Ron! Congrats and good for all of us! Great work!

We need more stories like that one. In this whole nation. That's just great!

pdub
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Good job Ron. I am not allowed in our server/network rooms any more.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Outstanding!

Keep up the good work, and let us know what's on deck.
                "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

That is good, Ron.

I'm sure you keep up with local news - Hawker-Beech may be sold to the Chinese!
                  That really sucks from several standpoints.
                  My brother has 37 years out there, and I had 8 - we are both wondering what will happen to our retirement funds.
                  Last edited by studemax; July 20, 2012, 05:05 PM.
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Thank you Ron, I needed that. Good news indeed!
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Whoo Hoo! Jobs staying here!
                      Shipping jobs overseas was/is our downfall..
                      Then we forget to be self supporting..

Comment

Kick ass Ron! Thank you!
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                          That is good, Ron.

I'm sure you keep up with local news - Hawker-Beech may be sold to the Chinese!
                          That really sucks from several standpoints.
                          My brother has 37 years out there, and I had 8 - we are both wondering what will happen to our retirement funds.
                          Welcome to the American Dream............

And just think people want to vote for a guy that has a record of shipping jobs overseas........

And thank you Ron for not only supporting America, but for being a Patriot to!!!!.........

Ron a man that stands true to his country, you sir just pegged my Respect Meter.........
                          Last edited by TC; July 21, 2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Congratulations - When I worked for Lexis-Nexis and WireOne, we used Rittal cabinets almost exclusively. They were good pieces, but German, and lead times for customization really sucked. they were VERY expensive and they never seemed to enjoy being bolted through the floor of a building (Cali. building codes...). they were sturdy but after we would get 'em torqued down, they always had trouble with alignment when install anything over 3 rack spaces tall........

congrats again and I hope you kick your competitions arse.
                            Last edited by oldsman496; July 21, 2012, 07:01 PM.
                            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Made in the USA ........good news!
                              Poor quality, un known lead times, higher costs of shipping is starting
                              to bring more manufacturing back to the US.

I paid almost twice for the oak retro steps I just installed.......Made in the USA and much
                              better quality.
                              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                              X