No announcement yet.

Quit my Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's always room for people who are hardworking and honest. I deal with the "others." Example, today a friend came up to me and asked if the repair bill for his car was reasonable. $1038.00 to replace the serpentine belt and alternator in a Saturn Ion..... the shop charged him 638.00 for the alternator.

WD - I hear what you're saying, but the point I'm making isn't coming through. Here it is - Focus on you end goal. You don't need a hobby car while you're in school - and this truly is do what I advise, not what I did.... I had 4x4s in college, and it plus a lot of alcohol flat stopped my education.... took me 10 years to sober and wise up that what I did was absolutely stupid. Now, I make more in a day then many make in months..... it's all about priorities and the willingness to wait for the good stuff.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Condensed version of my education...
      Quit high school in the 11th grade, went to DC to Gallaudet..
      Met my wife.. Left cuz I didn't care for that coast..
      Got my GED before my class graduated.. (can't be too dumb then?)
      Got married, went to Comm College.. Got broke one semester from AA degree in machine arts..
      Went to work reinjured myself. Went back to CC, for computer repair (shoulda been electrician)
      Had kids by then. One year, I quit..
      Worked for myaelf hauling scrap and tearing down mills.. Reinjured myself..
      58 years old can't work worth a crap!
      Get a freaking education, boy!
      No need to be a broken down wore out fool like me!

Comment

40+ w/wife, kids, hobby car and then college ain't a road to walk down...trust me
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
          40+ w/wife, kids, hobby car and then college ain't a road to walk down...trust me
          Daddy time cuts into study time
          Study time cuts into wife time
          Can't drink and study..
          So much easier while "young"
          Yep yep!
          Hobby car...pfffft..

Comment

It's been a challange to say the least. I'm struggling (understatement) to keep grades adequate to stay in school. My story is similar to yours...quit school, got diploma through night (adult) high school, strained back muscles, military (avoiding jail time), hurt knees resulting in discharge, found job, hurt back again, bad marriage, started college @30+, met mrs forever, quit college to work/support wife & kids, hurt back 3rd time, economy dived, went back to school, refuse to neglect kids, stay up way to late trying to study, wife works 2nd shift & kids get out of school @ 3:45. Cs DO NOT get degrees anymore, at least not in my school/field of study. College is geared (no pun intended) for young kids, they (administration) tell you who to hangout with (social clubs for job contacts etc.), where to hangout, when to hangout and most of the mandatory stuff is right about the time the kids get out of school and I DO NOT trust just anyone to babysit my kids. Many priorities leads to few friends.

Okay, time for me to STFU
            I may need to go find & edit my newbie post
            Last edited by 68scott385; July 29, 2012, 07:13 PM.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              WD - I hear what you're saying, but the point I'm making isn't coming through. Here it is - Focus on you end goal. You don't need a hobby car while you're in school - and this truly is do what I advise, not what I did.... I had 4x4s in college, and it plus a lot of alcohol flat stopped my education.... took me 10 years to sober and wise up that what I did was absolutely stupid. Now, I make more in a day then many make in months..... it's all about priorities and the willingness to wait for the good stuff.

No, i hear ya. I actually sold the camaro and im driving my dads old car now. And I'm really not a huge partier.

Can I ask what you do for a living?

Comment

I am prepared to work out of a shopping cart

Comment

SBG is in the lawyer'n business. He's the Matlock of BS.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Condensed version of my education...
                    Quit high school in the 11th grade, went to DC to Gallaudet..
                    Met my wife.. Left cuz I didn't care for that coast..
                    Got my GED before my class graduated.. (can't be too dumb then?)
                    Got married, went to Comm College.. Got broke one semester from AA degree in machine arts..
                    Went to work reinjured myself. Went back to CC, for computer repair (shoulda been electrician)
                    Had kids by then. One year, I quit..
                    Worked for myaelf hauling scrap and tearing down mills.. Reinjured myself..
                    58 years old can't work worth a crap!
                    Get a freaking education, boy!
                    No need to be a broken down wore out fool like me!
                    similar what I did. I liked school, but maine was behind mass. (where I am from), advice to get GED and take off in whatever way had integrity. went local air guard..mistake one. My evolving is all done.

patience for school is good...I'd rather build something. Encountering a dialect barely any american at all steps right up today and makes more than honesty.

patience for school is good. going on 40, I am more stubborn now than ever. I think school is a warground.
                    I even stayed in a frat house, one of my friends. Could have stayed there to go a four year anything in my twenties...disabled before then.

I hope school does something for you.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                    X