I Wish One of Y'all Would Fix Red's Air Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wish One of Y'all Would Fix Red's Air Conditioner

I'm sure I started a thread about it so far back ago, I'm too lazy and brain dead to go find it.

The first warm day of this year, guess what? Red's A/C doesn't work. Cut to the chase:

Matt suggested I take to his buddy in Ringgold who could surely take care of it. Did I do that? No, it's a long way, a half-day adventure dropping off the car and picking it back up instead of a few minutes here in town.

One of you guys suggested that no matter what was wrong with it, the locals would install a new compressor. DING! Big bucks right there, and it sure did happen.

The locals said the old compressor was leaking, holes all in it, etc. No gas in the system, so that's what it was.

A month later, no A/C. Seems the gas leaked out again. So slow, they can't find it (at the local shop). So they recharged it and shot dye in it.

Another month, quit again. The leak is so slow they STILL can't find it, so they recharged it and put a DOUBLE shot of dye in it.

Another month, quit again. This time you could see where it was leaking, even I (uppercase I) could see it with the naked eye. Right there at the end of the tube where I guess you put the gas in it. Sticking up there beside the engine block.

"I can fix that" said the guy. It's the plug on the end of that pipe. When I went back to get Red the guy was complaining that the plug was hard to get out, didn't seem to be the original plug. He put a new one in, but wasn't sure if that would fix the leak.

If it didn't fix the leak, Red would need a whole new pipe-thing, whatever the heck he was talking about.

So that didn't fix it. So I took Red up there yesterday and the "guy" is on vacation this week. The only guy who knows the story.

It's too hot to drive Red. He gets so blinkin hot baking in the sun, black interior, AND no A/C....at least in a month my leg has ever so slowly gotten better enough to push the clutch in. My leg's healing about as fast as Red is leaking. Real slow.

So it seems nobody can fix him OR me in a hurry.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Simply take it to Matt's guy... He WILL fix it...
    Other guys want easy$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Simply take it to Matt's guy... He WILL fix it...
      Other guys want easy$$.
      Well, the local's "warrantied" the compressor replacement, so aside from that Titanic wallop for the compressor replacement, I haven't had to pay them another thing, thank goodness. But they just can't fix it. I just don't think they know what they're doing.

And I sure don't (know what I'm doing).

Comment

Seriously - Isn't somebody gonna come over here and fix Red's air conditioner? I'll pay 100 beers an hour, for the first hour, 20 beers an hour after that, room and board included, no travel costs paid for you, though.

Do the math.

That's got to be worth it for somebody.

EDIT: And I'll cook a dead animal on the grill as well.
        Last edited by pdub; July 24, 2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

OMG!
          If anybody wants to fix any cars please see me first.
          Air conditioning is the least of my troubles!

The Sebring transmission Lock out thing is apparently broken and lurches to a stop then stalls, turn it on again and it chirps the tires when it finally starts to go! Then starts the whole process over again. Air and Heater stopped working, back "glass" window is being held up with plywood and a log...

The Cherokee has blown a freeze plug out the back of the block and I put water in it everytime I drive it. air works but you better not turn it on, instead downshift and blast the heater when you are going up any kind of hill.

I'll see Peewee's Beer and Raise him a 750ml JD

PLUS I will kill, clean and cook the dead animal!
          Last edited by LORENSWIFE; July 24, 2012, 05:34 PM.
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

You're saving horsepower -
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyc-10 View Post
              you're saving horsepower -
              grrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Its a bit hard to help someone fix their car if they zone out every time the mechanic says something technical. If you dont know what he is talking about, have him show you, point it out. Making people guess what a doohickey and whatchamacallit is shows that you really arent interested in helping yourself.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

As long as you can tolerate the windows up, you'll have more power and gas mileage. Hang tough buddy. Just remember that bike you used to ride every where, it didn't have air.
                  Last edited by Dan Barlow; July 24, 2012, 06:08 PM.
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                    As long as you can tolerate the windows up, you'll have more power and gas mileage. Hang tough buddy. Just remember that bike you used to ride every where, it didn't have air.
                    I love you Dan. Remember, I'm older now than then. Lots older.
                    Last edited by pdub; July 24, 2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                      I'm sure I started a thread about it so far back ago, I'm too lazy and brain dead to go find it.

The first warm day of this year, guess what? Red's A/C doesn't work. Cut to the chase:

Matt suggested I take to his buddy in Ringgold who could surely take care of it. Did I do that? No, it's a long way, a half-day adventure dropping off the car and picking it back up instead of a few minutes here in town.

So I have to ask if you now have more than a half-day in what would have been a half-day adventure to get Red fixed at Mikes?
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        I love you Dan. Remember, I'm older now than then. Lots older.
                        Yeah, I know , but we are about the same age........I've seen you, and misery loves company. Oh by the way, I road from Terra Haired to Indy ( Ill. to Indy )ast weekend. Yeah misery loves company
                        Last edited by Dan Barlow; July 25, 2012, 09:51 AM.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                        X