I Want to Hide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want to Hide

It started about two months ago, but now it's going on in spades. I don't want to watch TV at all for the next 4 months, no matter what's on. The dadgum campaign commercials, it ridiculous. And who's swayed by commercials anyhow? Well some folks must be, or they wouldn't air them. It's a dadgum shame, worse than reality TV. Worse. Much worse.

One of the greatest things about BangShift is "no religion or politics" and the premise and explanation for that. The perfect foundation for a forum. I love it.

I'm in 100%, absolutely to that philosophy.

But without regard to that, I hope this comes across the way I intend it....there's some cat here running for some sort of regional thin g....it all blurs together to me...whoever he is, and whatever position he thinks he wants...whatever....WTF...his 30-second commercial comes on every five minutes.

His thing is, four times in 30 seconds is, "It's time to move the agenda forward."

What a ridiculous bunch of rhetoric....what's he saying? Nothing.

I want to keep watching that channel, but there he is again. "It's time to move the agenda forward."

Yeah, I'll say, it's time to get this dadblame election over, is what it is. It can't happen soon enough. What a stinking bunch of horse shit from a bunch of pretty baby kissing guys in sport suits.

HMMMMMPH. Dammit. Get outta my living room!
    Last edited by pdub; July 25, 2012, 04:19 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Sack up
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
      Sack up
      Yup. You don't need TV.
      Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

Sack up
        Well, there it is. That's all THEY need to say, but they all say a whole lot more. All of them. And yet they say nothing.

Comment

I haven't watched tv in years..
          although my computer screen is a crt.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
            I haven't watched tv in years..
            although my computer screen is a crt.
            There's a lot of history behind that acronym. It used to mean Cathode Ray Tube.

During campaign season, if you turn it on, it means Criminals Raping Trust.

Dammit. Screw them all, I hate 'em in a good way. I'm So glad we live in the free-est country in the world, but it calls out all the .....people who run for election, at every level.
            Last edited by pdub; July 25, 2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Politics.........comes from the Greek.....poly, which means many, and ticks, which are blood-sucking insects.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Just about everything I watch on TV now I DVR and then watch later so I can fast forward through the commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  There's a lot of history behind that acronym. It used to mean Cathode Ray Tube.

During campaign season, if you turn it on, it means Criminals Raping Trust.

Dammit. Screw them all, I hate 'em in a good way. I'm So glad we live in the free-est country in the world, but it calls out all the .....people who run for election, at every level.
                  Sounds like you might need a Midol
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Page2171 View Post
                    Just about everything I watch on TV now I DVR and then watch later so I can fast forward through the commercials.
                    That's what I do, Falling Skies, Suits, Walking Dead are three of the main ones I watch........

Comment

Sounds like you might need a Midol
                      And a little Summer's Breeze........

Comment

DVR city here as well.

We're thinking of ditching TV service all together here at the Lohnes manse because between Hulu, Netflix, and some other outlets you can see everything you want and pay a fraction of the price while weeding out the abject crap.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I know how to fix it! every time one of them lies take ruler and slap the back of their hand. Charge John Q. $100 a wack. There will be a surplus in no time!

It would never pass the Legislature, but I don't know why it would not I sure none of them would ever lie to the people they serve
                          Last edited by Russell; July 26, 2012, 09:07 AM. Reason: Don't want to offend the liers
                          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                          ​​​​​​

Comment

I don't think you want to say that out loud. I agree with you but........
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                              That's what I do, Falling Skies, Suits, Walking Dead are three of the main ones I watch........
                              Excellent shows!

Comment

Working...
                              X