X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The RED Ball Express, 2012. "From Cactus to the Cape"

Here it is:

I'm getting my rig back.

Driving it from Tucson to Cape Cod: ... it's gonna be an utterly symphonic trip listening to the gear whine of a cast iron SM465 granny 4spd, and 5.13 gears.

She's big, she's rusty red, and she's a 1974 Chevy 1-ton with a BBC. It's been sitting in the AZ desert since 2008. "Dry storage" if you will.
    Ironically, it's practically down the street from the real USAF boneyard.

I'll be in Tucson on either Fri night Aug 24th (late) or Sat the 25th, with a departure date a few days later.

Joe, Squirrel, any other Tucson-area BS'ers, I'd love to hangout. Might even be some free tix to the local dirt oval Sat night if I can swing it. (I know people in high places)

Only definite planned stop so far is Eastern CO, probly via NM.

Where should I stop?

What places do you guys vote I make a pilgrimage to visit?

And best of all... What BS'ers wanna step up and hang out?

This is a chance for a cool BS hang-out/party every day for a week or more for me.

Hey, Brian, you got any monster BangShift stickers?
    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

I should be here by then....if I make it back from the HAMB drags the weekend before

Let me know
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Tony, I am in for whatever, you've got my number just give me a call.

I love the cross country drives, I like to stop at Roswell...that place is a hoot. I like the drive thru Missouri, St. Louis. No Chillis in Hatch yet, too early.

And I've seen this beast...it is bad ass and I would trade half a nut for it without a thought...killer rig.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Without looking at the map, sounds likes it's an I-40 trip. But if you stray aside just a ways we'd love to put you up for a night at Weeville!
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

If you come through St. Louis.........give me a heads up.
          Maybe go to Chuck Berry's place on the loop.......or Chuck A Burger
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I wondered what happened to the big truck. I am guessing you got it figured out with the freakshow that had it stored? If you wait till late September I will hopefully be doing the same thing with my Montana truck. Going to stop for the weekend in Ohio for the last ECTA event of the year.

Steve
            Last edited by rightpedal; July 27, 2012, 03:45 PM.
            Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

The suck ass thing about this is that Tony invited me to go with him and for a couple of reasons I couldn't swing it. Going to be an MF'n adventure!
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

that's too bad...
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Omaha has a free bed if you come the northern route - I always have beer.
                  But Monk always has the high end stuff.

5.13's ? You better get some headphones and we'll all mail you some CD's.
                  Last edited by 70chevyC-10; July 27, 2012, 06:22 PM.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal View Post
                    I wondered what happened to the big truck. I am guessing you got it figured out with the freakshow that had it stored? If you wait till late September I will hopefully be doing the same thing with my Montana truck. Going to stop for the weekend in Ohio for the last ECTA event of the year.

Steve
                    And you're still invited too.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

If you get close to Denver, B-fast/lunch/dinner is on me .....
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

earplugs .. 5.13? take a set of 35" rears for fun? Yikes!

You get anywhere close to the north side of DFW and I'll buy ya a beer, a steak, bed for the night, but stay off my old lady. I get pissy about that. lol.

I see a lot of I-40 in your future, maybe a night in OKC to gamble and drink?
                        Last edited by Beagle; July 27, 2012, 07:03 PM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                          And you're still invited too.
                          Thanks Phil I will take you up on that when I finally get my ass in gear and away from other projects. Think September.

Steve
                          Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            I see a lot of I-40 in your future, maybe a night in OKC to gamble and drink?
                            Tony if your going to take I40 let me know if your going to go through Phoenix to get there, I can show you a route that will pull about an hour off your time........ Also wouldn't mind buying you lunch before you get back on the road......

Comment

Did I ever say that I absolutely love BangShift? It's stuff exactly like this I think that's got me welded.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X