The RED Ball Express, 2012. "From Cactus to the Cape"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
    It did suck a valve only a few minutes after they fired it up and moved the truck.

He and his pop are hopping a plane home tonight. Not sure what the long term plan is, but a trailer to trailer relay would be cool...this is a pretty big SOB, though.

We'll see what he wants to do.
    I'll be coming from Memphis Tn to Calif with an empty 53' trailer around Sept 28-Oct 1st....of course thats the wrong direction....lol
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

• Sorry to hear of that. Hopefully they can figure something out.
      Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet!!!

Comment

• what about getting the truck down to squirells, doing a engine swap and red balling the truck to the east coast, just a thought
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• I gots lots of free time this winter Tony....
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• swap a engine in the northeast during winter, sounds like a good ol time
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• This sucks balls. Damn.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• I'm not pissed that the trip is a bust.

I'm not ticked off that the cam went flat (apparently, multiple lobes upon closer inspection)

I'm not pissed about the motor dropping a valve.

I'm not mad at the plane tix, the cash spent, the effort expended in preparation all gone down the tubes.

I AM pissed that I wrote a novel on all this crap last night... went to hit 'send'... and it all went 'poof', gone. "You are not logged in".
                Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

• Oh man... That's why I am in the " stay logged in" mode...

Calm down, make sure you are logged in and try again..

Would have been cool to see what it took to get it going to go on your merry way..

Comment

• It's also possible to type it off line, do a "Copy", then open the thread on BS and drop it in there. At least, it works with a MAC and I'm pretty sure it will with a PC.

Dan

Comment

• yeah, it works with a PC, but it sucks that you have to think that far ahead because there's a problem with how the message board software works. The same thing happens on the blog comments...if you don't get the myserious captcha right, it discards what you typed. which is a lame way to have things set up.
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• I can haul from az to El Paso, maybe midland around the goodguys fall show.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          It's also possible to type it off line, do a "Copy", then open the thread on BS and drop it in there. At least, it works with a MAC and I'm pretty sure it will with a PC.

Dan
                          on long posts or updates in my threads that's how i do it open up a MS word type it in that then copy/past into the thread copy again then hit send if it get's eaten i can just past it and try to post
                          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            yeah, it works with a PC, but it sucks that you have to think that far ahead because there's a problem with how the message board software works. The same thing happens on the blog comments...if you don't get the myserious captcha right, it discards what you typed. which is a lame way to have things set up.
                            I've always had perfect luck with clicking "back" and what I've typed still being there. On the blog comments anyways, batting about zero when that happens on the forum.

The V8Buick forum has a nifty auto-save feature that if you pause typing for a couple seconds it flashes "auto-saved" on the bottom right and then warns you if you are about to click off the page without hitting send or if it errors out clicking 'back' works.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              I've always had perfect luck with clicking "back" and what I've typed still being there. On the blog comments anyways
                              the blog got me yesterday...
                              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X