Short knob vs. long knob envy - Only look if you want to laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short knob vs. long knob envy - Only look if you want to laugh

Hi guys, caught your great site (never knew about it before) because I spotted that you linked / posted some videos that I put up on Youtube, nice write-up too Brian, good job, enjoyed that you appreciated them:

Anyway.. the funny part of the Post... so I was changing the knob on my Viper the other day (for a new OEM replacement).. and thought to make a silly video using the old knob (that's what happens having a welder, bunch of tools and scrap..), made a video for the Viper club and it ended up on Jalopnik.. 30,000 hits in a day, it was rediculous...

Here's the Jalopnik link..
    Laughing in the face of every fool who bought a short shift kit, this 2nd Gen Viper owner affixed a four-foot shifter to his car. There's no way this can be serious.

and the original YouTube link..
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Intended to make people laugh (also resulting in a pile of insults, but expected.. and my wife calling me crazy.. again..) and life is too short (pun intended) to worry about it..

Cheers,
    Mike

PS.. I'm a diehard car guy, built a couple old nostalgic Hemi cars, owned Fords and Chevies too, one was a super stock car (met Ronnie Sox years ago before he passed away, Jenkins, etc..) but sometimes I can joke around eh'.. and was thinking of Rat Fink..
    Last edited by Mike_in_Canada; July 27, 2012, 04:33 PM. Reason: typo

that is hilarious.

too long is better than too short, realistically.

old ricers have it bad.. I never did get insults.

long knob gets my vote. (this is about eight inches) ten speed tranny.. something peculiar about that year realm.

No insults from me..a rig can do a four foot and still look proportionate.
    must be easy on the back finding the right height along the length.

are you going to adjust to simply lengthened or is this a permanent gag for fun?
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I still have it on the car.. it really doesn't work that well.. I plan on going to Woodward / Dreamcruise this year, and may put it on for it..
      Last edited by Mike_in_Canada; July 28, 2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Thats awesome. Im sure ill see you drive past my spot on woodward in a couple weeks

Comment

BAH HA HA HA HA HA - thats awsum - pissing off the purist one person at a time
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
            BAH HA HA HA HA HA - thats awsum - pissing off the purist one person at a time

I....yeah, that's it Charles. I'dda never....yeah, that's it exactly. Not something anybody would ever expect to see.

That's lemme think about this.....and all the other things I'm supposed to be thinking about at the same time. That's.....

Yeah, okay. I guess. Not a whole lotta other ones like it, for sure.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams View Post
              Thats awesome. Im sure ill see you drive past my spot on woodward in a couple weeks
              I'm getting a quote on wrapping the car, if anyone has some ideas.. post them, I'll be there..
              Last edited by Mike_in_Canada; July 28, 2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Thats great! Reminds me of the Harley guys with "ape hanger" bars.

Comment

Made it to autoblog.com

Where the outlandish reigns supreme, functionality and practicality take a back seat. That's why we admire folks who poke fun at the insanity of the automotive aftermarket. Take this particular Dodge Viper owner. Rather than swap in the latest short-throw kit, the guy bolted on a four-foot-long shift knob. Why? According to his YouTube account, he was jealous of drivers with longer knobs. Har Har.

Comment

Working...
                  X