What to do with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with it.

I dug another thingus out from under the trees. It is a blue tank about four feet long with gauges and valves and stuff. Nothing indicates what it contained, but it is an LNG or propane tank from the look of it. Empty and open for years, probably 20 or 30. What to do with it? The dump doesn't want it. Two metal recyclers said they don't either. Three propane dealers said no. One said he would take it, but the fee was pretty impressive. There is no residue in it. Can I "repurpose" this for something else? Not a BBQ or smoker. Got that stuff. In fact, I am building a smoker/cooker out of a compressor tank now. Maybe I could use it to build a submarine or something. Paint it up like a missile launcher and wait for the SWAT team. Paint it green or red, hang an anchor from it, drop it in the river and see what happens to navigation.

fill it with water and cut it...
    recyclers gain a different perspective.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
      fill it with water and cut it...
      recyclers gain a different perspective.
      Yup.. Cut it... If been open so long..prolly safe to cut.. Play it safe and put in water and Dawn dish soap..

Comment

Air storage tank.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

If you have the means to cut it and weld - make another smoker/ bbq grill with it. Maybe even mount it on a trailer. Small trailers are often available on craigslist pretty cheap. Bbq grills on trailers, if well made, aren't cheap.
          Not looking for a project? Then I like the others' advice: flush it with water, cut it open, and take it to the recycler. 20 or 30 years of exposure would give me reason to fear a catastrophic failure if used as an air tank.

Comment

This is the Pacific Northwest.. Air tank?? I wouldnt, as it's been in the bushes.
            Would be very hard to keep it from leaking if it does ..

Comment

Sounds big enough if you seal it off it might be floatation for a pier? One of those hinged ones that goes up and down with the water level. These days mostly down.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I could come up with all sorts of uses for it.

Comment

I say turn it into a fullsize retro lawn-ornament!

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Bonneville belly tanker - if So-Cal can do it why not you? Speed Week is in a few weeks!
                    nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Hope it ain't one of these.

Comment

Working...
                      X