NHRA pro team with local sponsor? Pro Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
    It was about cruising McHenry Blvd in Modesto....it WAS filmed in Vacaville...
    I don't know where as the old part of downtown is like three blocks long.

According to Wikipedia it was mostly shot up in Petaluma. Some shots were in Richmond, Novato, San Rafael, Sonoma and even on Van Ness in SF. No Vacaville. The high school sock hop was shot in Mill Valley. Funny how all those towns surround his current Skywalker Ranch HQ.
    Last edited by Scott Liggett; July 29, 2012, 08:50 PM.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

REAL ESTATE IS STILL CHEAP AROUND THERE ? no irrigation

Comment

KJ isn't alone in getting local places to sponsor him. A LOT of teams run local sponsors per race, you just don't see the decals much among all the others. It is really common to see a local Holiday Inn, or other hotel. The Pedregons did it forever on the west coast with Vegas hotels as well.

Of course the biggest "local" sponsor out there right now is the Mountain View Tire entry of Vincent Nobile. Mountain View Tire is a local Goodyear tire chain out here in my neighborhood. They compete with Discount Tire and America's Tire (same place, different states) as well as all the other tire chains. There are 30 or so locations. The Mitsos who own it are awesome. Totally nice normal people who live about 3 miles from us. Nick and his sons really run the business and you'll see them at different locations depending on when you go in.

Not exactly the same as a small pizza joint, but still a local family owned business which is way cool.
        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
        X