No announcement yet.

Blitz is done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I guess reading that my only question is - why are idiots allowed to sue for there own stupidity?

Comment

somebody's butthurt again.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

the economy is miserable
        back to using milk jugs

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          "there will be a severe shortage of gas cans"..... okay, so if competition is not forcing them to keep their prices the same, why is it they blame litigation for closing their doors? why not raise your prices and keep manufacturing? oh wait, blame someone else for your own inability to compete.... it's the American way
          No free pass on this one, this was the result of a coordinated effort by the tort bar, trial lawyers intent on big personal paydays on specious legal grounds. It has been well documented most recently in the Wall Street Journal.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100truck View Post
            OK, I guess reading that my only question is - why are idiots allowed to sue for there own stupidity?
            Because, the so-called American rule encourages them to, that's why we have all those TV ads for personal injury attorneys who gamble on cases looking for the bad damages which juries feel compelled to reward regardless of the fault of the user.

Other countries don't have this issue because the loser pays, bring a bs suit and it'll cost you. Is there a balance to be struck? Yes, but in my view the pendulum has swung too far. The US has developed a lottery mentality, something bad happens and it has to be someone else's fault and someone should pay big money. After all these companies have lots of money, who cares, right? Until they don't and this will continue until we get tort reform in this country, but be prepared to have to take on personal responsibility for your mistakes.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
              and this will continue until we get tort reform in this country, but be prepared to have to take on personal responsibility for your mistakes.
              We need some of that tort reform in the medical litigation world too IMO.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                Because, the so-called American rule encourages them to, that's why we have all those TV ads for personal injury attorneys who gamble on cases looking for the bad damages which juries feel compelled to reward regardless of the fault of the user.

Other countries don't have this issue because the loser pays, bring a bs suit and it'll cost you. Is there a balance to be struck? Yes, but in my view the pendulum has swung too far. The US has developed a lottery mentality, something bad happens and it has to be someone else's fault and someone should pay big money. After all these companies have lots of money, who cares, right? Until they don't and this will continue until we get tort reform in this country, but be prepared to have to take on personal responsibility for your mistakes.
                I agree with much of this, but the loser pays law would make it almost impossible for any individual to sue someone/corporation who can afford to bankrupt them with court costs. I live in the area of some of the most famous tort lawyers in the country. They've sued big tobacco and while they cruise around in their 100 foot yachts their "victims" made enough for some flowers on their tombstone.
                Powertour off/on since 2002
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                  the economy is miserable
                  back to using milk jugs
                  I just don't get it everyone says the economy is crap, but unemployment is down to 8%, granted that even in the best of times unemployment is around 4%, so your trying to say because 4% of working class isn't working that the economy is in the crapper?? I'm thinking that if our economy hinges on whether or not 4% of the population is working or not that we have way bigger problems than we thought........ I remember when in school where 90+% was an "A"...... Now a days I guess it is considered failing...........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    I just don't get it everyone says the economy is crap, but unemployment is down to 8%, granted that even in the best of times unemployment is around 4%, so your trying to say because 4% of working class isn't working that the economy is in the crapper?? I'm thinking that if our economy hinges on whether or not 4% of the population is working or not that we have way bigger problems than we thought........ I remember when in school where 90+% was an "A"...... Now a days I guess it is considered failing...........
                    Really, you don't see it as failing?
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                      Really, you don't see it as failing?

I honestly can't say I see it, ya times were tough there for a bit, but everyone I know that lost their job is back working and some of them are making more than they did before...... I haven't had a vacancy in almost a year now, I'm catching up on bill..... For me and the people that I associate with things are getting better...... Now I can't say anything about what's going on in other parts of the nation, but for now things are at least stable here.......... You just have to realize that unemployment is never 0% and in the best times it's always been around 4% so in reality we're looking at a 4% unemployment rate since the unemployment rate is only at 8% right now...... I guess I just realize that the crash was not going to be an overnight fix and that the POTUS, no matter who it was going to be, wasn't going to make it like it was overnight. I guess realizing he wasn't going to really make a huge impact in the first place made it not so much of a let down when it didn't happen........ But then I never expected it to happen.... Just like I called the housing flop when the boom first started and advised everyone not to buy......... And also said we were F'd when GWB got elected........ Ya call me a prophet.....

Comment

Take an honest look around........... do you really believe that 8% number?

Really?

Even the government admits that 14% is the actual "unadjusted" number, and by my estimation even that is 1/2 of the true picture.

I seriously believe we are at 25-30% unemployment.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

So even if we take the numbers as 8%, the unemployment rate is 100% higher than it should be, so that's okay I'm with Stiney, the rate is far higher than 8%, and I wouldn't doubt the 14% being accurate, but will stop short of thinking it's as bad as Stiney believes. There are lots of people that have simply left the job market for lack of finding work. My Dad decided to retire at 62 rather than find work when he got laid off and could not find work (fleet mechanic for 18-wheelers). He now lives modestly in a single wide trailer in Fontana writing letters to the editor to local newspapers harassing the democratic party and California government, lol.

You haven't had a vacancy in a year because the President while in the Senate helped orchestrate a giant housing market collapse that directly plays into your renter market. I see now why you like him! Heaven help anyone wanting to be successful enough to go from renting to owning. It hurts your bottom line too, I get it now.

Besides, my life has got pretty good during the GWB administration and current one is limiting my career options, hmm, no brainer for me.
                          Last edited by TheSilverBuick; August 3, 2012, 11:22 AM.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                          X