No announcement yet.

Who's Ever Been Frog Gigging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With thought....It's already too late in the year to set up the great BangShift Gathering and Frog Gigging Contest. After all it took most of 6 or 7 months to set up the party at Mike Copeland's place and that would have never happened if Mike hadn't stepped right in and said, "Let's do it here."

So, let's start now, looking toward this time or a month or two earlier next year....somewhere....that would be a blast like no other.

I've got me all stirred up now. I want to go frog gigging again!

pdub
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      Mike, did you paddle or gig?
      We never used a boat, we just walked along the edge of the water with flashlights and giggin sticks or BB guns. I had a 3 prong stick and my brothers had 4 prongs. I also used my daisey or crossman air rifles. usually ended up gettin chiggers too. didn't drink either.
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
        We never used a boat, we just walked along the edge of the water with flashlights and giggin sticks or BB guns. I had a 3 prong stick and my brothers had 4 prongs. I also used my daisey or crossman air rifles. usually ended up gettin chiggers too. didn't drink either.
        Mike,

Well, that's what was wrong with the whole scene. If you're not completely drunk, it's hard to explain why you're out there doing that sort of thing. But if you ARE (drunk), it makes perfect sense.

Just sayin'
        Last edited by pdub; August 4, 2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I tend to avoid situations where I'm in a little boat with drunks who are armed with guns and pitch forks.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Not as many frogs around here anymore,dangit.We had a night where we had 2 gunny sacks full and we had a bunch of fish we had caught as well.Cleaned all the fish and one sack of frogs.Next morning we opened the sack and there was a black snake looking us straight in the eye and no frogs.We killed the snake.LOL.If you cut the nerve between the leg they dont jump in the pan.Its also cool to skin them and let them loose in the yard and let the cats chase them.Yep,beer was involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              I tend to avoid situations where I'm in a little boat with drunks who are armed with guns and pitch forks.
              Hahaha. Ditto
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Went out Friday night. No video of the events, sorry PDub. I was on my ass before we even hit the water. Wound up with quite a bounty. Here's a shot of how they looked last night:

Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Well played, well done BS Brother, there it is. The story on the plate.

Comment

Forgot to mention we used headlamps, and a bucket for the most part. The pellet gun was great fun until we ran out of ammo.
                    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by SSChevyManiac View Post
                      Forgot to mention we used headlamps, and a bucket for the most part. The pellet gun was great fun until we ran out of ammo.
                      Now, tell the truth ... wasn't that just drop-dead fun? Not in the league with sex and racing, but ain't that fun to do? Say I'm wrong, I dare ya.

Comment

We laughed like hell, then the irrigation system came on!
                        Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Giggs,fly rod ,bare hands grew up in se nc. Great times

Comment

Working...
                          X