Street Racing Documentary - "1320 A West Coast Story"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Racing Documentary - "1320 A West Coast Story"

Street racing documentary being finished up as we speak. Name is "1320 A West Coast Story" - It is the only comprehensive documentary on street racing ever produced! It tackles issues never presented in any media format with regards to the topic of street racing. Website should be up this week: www.1320movie.com . Special thanks goes out to David Freiburger and John Naderi for taking time out of their day a few years ago to help with the film. Great guys!!! Obviously very insightful and one of the more "on it" interviews was David Freiburger. Thanks again Dave!!! (Even though you can't remember me... )

Video trailer is now up on YouTube and doing pretty good...(I tried posting to carjunkietv.com but it didn't work...Somebody let me know when uploading videos there works, and I'll post directly).

"Street Racing Documentary" (DVD) ***NOW AVAILABLE!http://www.1320movie.com/street-racing-store"Street Race Video" The Street Racing Documentary - 1320 A WE...

Thanks for checking it out!!!

Re: Street Racing Documentary - "1320 A West Coast Story"

I'll be buying one.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

DRAG STRIP DEVELOPER SUES CITY

Thursday, May 16, 2008
      By ERIN WALDNER
      The Press-Enterprise
      BANNING - Two months after his permit was revoked, the developer of a planned drag racing strip is suing the city of Banning.

Andy Marocco claims in his lawsuit that the city did not have the legal right, nor the authority, to rescind his permit for the project, which was to be near the Banning Municipal Airport.

Marocco, president of Banning Airport Associates, is asking Riverside County Superior Court to order the city to reinstate his permit or pay him an unspecified amount for costs and damages.

"We obviously believe that Banning promised us from the beginning that they would work with us to make this track a reality. Unfortunately, they didn't keep their word," Marocco said in an interview Thursday.

He has contracts with the city and has invested in the project by building a road to it, as required by the city, he said.

The Banning City Council issued him a use permit for the professional drag racing strip, to be called Drag City, in June 2001.

The Banning Planning Commission voted this January to revoke the permit, a decision the City Council upheld in March. Marocco filed the lawsuit in April.

At the March City Council hearing, City Attorney Eric Vail said Marocco's permit had expired two years earlier. He said a developer is allowed three extensions and that Marocco had been granted four.

He said Marocco had not done any meaningful construction work on site, making the permit null and void.

"The reality is, there's nothing to extend because we were already vested" in the project, Marocco said Thursday.

Marocco said he has built Barbour Street, which leads to the drag strip site.

"We're just asking for a fair deal," Marocco said.

He wants city officials to "reinstate the project so we can build the track without any sneaky clauses that would allow them to take the project out of our hands again."

Banning City Manager Brian Nakamura said the city's attorney will review the case file and the city will then determine what to do

For more on this story click here>

Comment

Sounds like someone's getting hosed......

Who is the douche-bag politician flatly stating that he isn't going to help out with any drag strip, no matter what? If he is indeed an elected official, I'd be quick to remind him that he can be voted OUT as easily as he was voted IN.

California is easily the "heart" of hot rodding and drag racing........yet you could find Bin Laden easier than you can politicos and such to support building a damn dragstrip it seems.

Something VERY wrong with this.....makes me glad I'm a Hoosier and have IRP(damned if I'm EVER gonna call it ORP) close by.

Street racing is WRONG kids, no 2 ways about it.

The cars that do it, however, are COOL.

Comment

Oh man....don't even go down the Drag City road.

That track has been "under construction" since like 2002 and NOTHING aside from an access road has been built.

The city council finally pulled the permits after YEARS of stalling, delays and BS. Mopar was once the "title sponsor...they split. NHRA once had the track listed on their sanctioning material for Div 7....that's gone. The Moroccos commissioned a recreation of the famous "Surfers" top fuel car from the 1960's and never finished paying for it.

Do some reading on this before you take a dump on the city council. They had the patience of job for years until they finally told the guy to pound sand.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
            Oh man....don't even go down the Drag City road.

That track has been "under construction" since like 2002 and NOTHING aside from an access road has been built.

The city council finally pulled the permits after YEARS of stalling, delays and BS. Mopar was once the "title sponsor...they split. NHRA once had the track listed on their sanctioning material for Div 7....that's gone. The Moroccos commissioned a recreation of the famous "Surfers" top fuel car from the 1960's and never finished paying for it.

Do some reading on this before you take a dump on the city council. They had the patience of job for years until they finally told the guy to pound sand.

Brian
            Tell us more, do you have articles to reference these claims? Don't know any of the story, just what is printed.

Comment

Ok...

Here's one from National Dragster circa 2003. "Major Construction" starting at MOPAR Drag City...notice that the MOPAR part is now long gone...

Here's a link from HotRod.com (home site of hot rod magazine) from 2001 talking about the track opening THAT YEAR!

Here's a link to a release from 2005 and UH OH...no construction yet.

The Corvette Action Center's Corvette Forum is one of the largest online Corvette clubs featuring discussion forums for the C8 Corvette, C7 Corvette, C6 Corvette, C5 Corvette, C4 Corvette, C3 Corvette, C2 Corvette, C1 Corvette and more.

Hell, here's a link to their own website from 2005 with multiple news stories and a "hard hitting" interview about the track...or lack thereof.

I'll dig you up some more too....

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                Ok...

Here's one from National Dragster circa 2003. "Major Construction" starting at MOPAR Drag City...notice that the MOPAR part is now long gone...

Here's a link from HotRod.com (home site of hot rod magazine) from 2001 talking about the track opening THAT YEAR!

Here's a link to a release from 2005 and UH OH...no construction yet.

The Corvette Action Center's Corvette Forum is one of the largest online Corvette clubs featuring discussion forums for the C8 Corvette, C7 Corvette, C6 Corvette, C5 Corvette, C4 Corvette, C3 Corvette, C2 Corvette, C1 Corvette and more.

Hell, here's a link to their own website from 2005 with multiple news stories and a "hard hitting" interview about the track...or lack thereof.

I'll dig you up some more too....

Brian
                Thanx

Comment

*removes foot from mouth*

Went by what was represented, shoulda dug a little deeper.

Thanks for the clarification, Brian.....

Comment

Anybody know info on track in ventura county that was supposed to go up???

Comment

Smoke...

Definitely not trying to be a jerk with my response, but this is the type of situation that leads to other tracks getting denied the chance of even being built.

I think I came on too strong, but this one is a bit of a sore spot....

Brian

Comment

No worries, Brian....I got the intended point. ;)

Yeah, I can see the flip side of this deal too......after doing the requisite reading, I can see why they finally yanked the permits.....looks like this group is doing nothing but fleecing someone!

Seems like it's one way or another......the end result, however, is the same: The racers and enthusiasts get left out in the cold.

Comment

Working...
                        X