Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Ditching Out of NASCAR (again) at the End of 2012

Cue the violins!

Ralph Gilles, President and CEO SRT Brand and Motorsports, Chrysler Group LLC, discusses the decision to withdraw from NASCAR for the 2013 season.
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; August 7, 2012, 12:14 PM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

that is bizarre.

they even got a v10 in lemans. they changed rules to keep going in the motorsport.

I bet that decision changes.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

see YA

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
        see YA
        More wins for Chevy this way! yay! lol
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

My give a damm is busted, this style of racing jumped the shark long ago ..
          sigpic

Comment

Penske did all their race engineering. When Penske changed brands Mopar could not find another owner who was willing to take on the expense of the engineers needed to keep the brand winning. Thats the bottom line. They have partners in allen johnson racing, don shumacher racing, who might have saved them leaving pro stock as well. really could care less about the iroc car of tomorrow racing with nascar, just hope they stick with the drags; also coming from a chevy guy.
            Last edited by anotheridiot; August 7, 2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Honestly, NASCAR wasn't worth the trouble from the start. Go focus on races that require a more real car: rally with the Dart, LeMans/GT series with Viper, Drift with Viper/Charger/Challenger, and hell...why not break into V8 Supercars?
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Robbie Gordon wanted that gig bad.

I think what it came down to was that there was no one to build the engines. Building the cars is no big deal.
                I'm still learning

Comment

I quit watching NASCAR years ago. But I'd hate to see them pull out of PS in NHRA. In some ways it seems like we are coming to the end of the second great age of the muscle car. This economy is a killer....

Comment

Bummer.
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

meh
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

No big deal I quit watching when all the cars became the same and it became a spoiled brat's game........

Cheap Dodge Nascar parts on Ebay!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I wish Ford, Chevrolet and Toyota would follow suit...
                          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

dodge was a half assed effort the whole time
                            98 taurus body templates and chevy sb2 heads

Comment

Aw damn, that means all the Dodge team will have to change the grille and headlight stickers on their cars. That totally sucks.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X