Sprint Jet Boats on Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprint Jet Boats on Speed

I'm watching these little guys, look like a 16' boat with maybe a small block, good grief they accellerate!

/edit, went and looked it up, it was the International Group A (400) class I was watching...

"Single cast iron only, CID 412 cubic inch maximum, 368 cubic inches minimum. Maximum 2

valves per cylinder, push rod operated, with a maximum of 8 cylinders."

The kind of thing that keeps Speedy barking, but they say 23* for Chevy so I guess that says SBC, no LS?
    Last edited by Beagle; August 7, 2012, 01:33 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

that IMO is prolly one of the most insane forms of motor sports there is, its right there with 360 non wing sprint cars
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

There is a "track" south of Albany OR right off I-5 southbound.
      Saw them running as I drove by.. Could feel the motor screaming.
      Kid says they are loud.. All from the fast lane on the freeway inside of the F350...

Comment

you literally could not drive a car as fast on an equivalent-sized paved course. Not even F1.
        Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          I'm watching these little guys, look like a 16' boat with maybe a small block, good grief they accellerate!

/edit, went and looked it up, it was the International Group A (400) class I was watching...

"Single cast iron only, CID 412 cubic inch maximum, 368 cubic inches minimum. Maximum 2

valves per cylinder, push rod operated, with a maximum of 8 cylinders."

The kind of thing that keeps Speedy barking, but they say 23* for Chevy so I guess that says SBC, no LS?
          I love those. How about a heads up next time it's on? Around here it's all either NASCAR or other boring bullshit on Speed. Don't get me wrong, I like NASCAR....the races, not the commentary BS shows about it
          STUGOTS

Comment

a friend just finished this boat - the motor is a 427, the boat is a replica of a boat the person in the driver's seat used to own.... the hull is wood
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

We went to the new Lucas Oil Boat Trench last summer to see the drag boats. Boy are they awsome.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is your chance to help bring light to the growing sport of Sprint Boat Racing. Right now the only tracks are in the Northwest, but with your help we can work at making this a nationwide event. As of now the race season is only 4 months long (June-Sept.) but if we can take this nationwide we can winter-over in some warmer climates thus stretching out the race season. I am not a racer, but very much a fan. This is a great family event that will keep you on the edge of your seat all day long! One of the teams is trying to raise money to put together a documetary to be shown on SPEED CHANNEL which could help dramatically in getting the word out. Thanks for reading.

Here is the link to the project.

Here's a couple more of the whiplash series.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

good luck!!!!
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Yeah, I know!!! Just a last ditch effort to try and help these guys out. I would love to see it go national so I could plan some family trips to follow them around the country.

Comment

Working...
                    X