Daily Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does DD = beater?
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
      Does DD = beater?
      It does for me.

Comment

Does DD = beater?
        it can be anything you make it.

my favorite has been less than stellar looking with the weekly paycheck extras under the hood.

the DAY I put good shiny wheels and tires on was like asking for holy hell.

DD is sleeper for me, forever.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I daily drove a '67 Buick Riv for a while. One of the gals at the office jumped out of her newer Honda, saw me get out of the Riv and said with horror in her tone "why are you doing driving that!" I calmly replied "I'm driving this because there is no way I'd drive that" pointing at her car.

I DD'd the SVO until some assclown totaled it in stop and go driving on the freeway. Seems he was rubber-necking instead of observing that traffic had come to a dead stop.
          I'm still learning

Comment

Does DD = beater?
            I'm starting on my first project car in a long time and finally getting my feet back under me financially. Money put into a daily driver = money not going to the TBird. So for me right now, yup, daily driver = beater. I'm OK with this. I'll have a cool car soon enough.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Does DD = beater?
              every car i own is a beater lol
              Last edited by Mater; August 12, 2012, 10:58 PM.
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Does DD = beater?
                Nope. My DD is a 2012 Focus. Gets great gas mileage, has a killer stereo and doesn't look bad to boot. Beats the crap out of the 200,000 mile 92 F150 that it replaced.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Does DD = beater?
                  I treat mine like one. The other one I call a parts chaser. If I ever finish anything, I'll call it my "nice car" or maybe even "hot rod" like John Force does.. haha. Then I'll sell it.
                  Last edited by Beagle; August 13, 2012, 06:28 AM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Seems I have always driven my hot rods.
                    I have two DD's. My five five, which was my first car, and the 65 Camino. I drive one, while I tinker on the other, then switch, to keep the 78 mile round trip commute from getting to boring. The air conditioning up grades makes both cars more livable in the FL heat.

I won't lie, a new car would be great, but in a cookie cutter world, it is my way of stepping a little outside of the box. Hope the govt lets me drive my old carbed stuff for the rest of my years? I hope !

Increasing my carbon foot print DTB

p.s. wonder how many miles I have put on the five five in the last 37 years? Maybe I should "tinker" with the odometer?
                    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

If I lived outside of the snow belt - I would drive an older car every day, I would add AC and a modern stereo, and make sure the seats didn't kill my back, but I wouldn't spend a ton of time on the body work as the first door ding would be emotionally crippling.

I have to admit that I like the quietness of the new cars, and the economy.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I hate to admit it but my DD has to be comfortable but yet relatively quick, the comfortable part is an age thing, the quick part is something that's always been there and will continue until they close the lid on me!
                        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Working...
                        X