You just can't trust a liittle old lady anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    put those motors mounts on V8buick - the guy I sold my skylark to is putting a SBB in place of the BBB that was in there - I suspect you could swap him motor mounts.

And I have tons of parts for that car - so let me know if you need anything (like a fiberglass GS front bumper and fiberglass rear)
    We need to meet up :-). This is first car since I was only doing old 1st Gen Monte Carlo's that my wife is all in for whatever it takes to get it done.

I still have a 72 350-2 barrel, that I was going to put in the Impala, a 67 zd OHC-6 Pontiac thats in the Impala now, couple extra 350 th Trans, drive shafts and such. Seller is throwing in extras (grill, interior parts, another trans, misc.).

Soon as I get a handle on everything, can come down to Woodinville.

Going to relist Impala today and see if I can get it gone.
    Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

cool, I have lots of stuff, I parted a 71 when I built my 70, so I still have a lot of parts like chrome, green interior parts, good dashpad, bumpers, doors, decklid a light bezel or two... and it'll be a long, long time before I do another A-body (because I have at least the next 10 years covered with what I have now). Do let me know if you need the doors or decklid, they're in Portand but I can have them delivered at the start of september.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
        cool, I have lots of stuff, I parted a 71 when I built my 70, so I still have a lot of parts like chrome, green interior parts, good dashpad, bumpers, doors, decklid a light bezel or two... and it'll be a long, long time before I do another A-body (because I have at least the next 10 years covered with what I have now). Do let me know if you need the doors or decklid, they're in Portand but I can have them delivered at the start of september.
        I just now got back from taking a whole passle of pics of it. Will be posting them later, but we can do some "bidness". Just havbe to get my shopping cart in order.

Going to go on google and see how much a spoiler and hood are going to run for the upgrade. This thing is going to be a PITA to change back to original interior. Someone already just converted it all to black.

Comment

I've seen GS hoods on CL here - but alternatively, VFN fiberglass (IIRC) has a fiberglass GS hood available in both pin and hinge configurations.
          As for coloring, you can paint everything but the door panels and seats
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Well, from reading all of this, it IS possible for a little old lady to have an honest "gem" for sale. My mom herself, for instance. About 25 years ago, when I was writing columns for the local newspaper for free, I couldn't resist telling this story. For the truth, as it happened in real life. Sure did:

My mom and dad decided years ago to replace one of their cars, the one my mom drove. They called me to ask if I wanted it. I didn't. This was a huge Oldsmobile, a Delta 88 I think. I always called the car a school bus. It was so big- yellow- BIG. I didn't want it. I promised to spread the word around to help them move it.
            For sale, ten-year-old car with 28,000 miles, always garaged with service records attached. Perfect paint and bodywork. Never smoked in. All original. For a song. The first person I told about it...he bought it. It was a guy who works at the same place I do.
            I took him into town to seal the deal. He paid my parents in cold cash and away we went. We hit the four-lane highway out of town, and I was following him. Mom's school bus emitted a huge cloud of black smoke. My friend had put his foot into that four-barrel carburetor to a point where my mom had never been. He was giving this poor old un-driven Olds its first Italian tune-up. After a mile or so, Mom's school bus was out of sight. That's how this guy drives to start with.
            Several weeks later I ran into the guy at work and asked him how Mom's car was performing. He said he'd driven the thing for a week when the radiator got clogged up. Not only did he blow all the carbon out of the engine, he'd shaken all the crud loose in the radiator. He had to get it cleaned out at a shop. A day or so after he got the car back, the water pump blew all the seals. Back to the shop again.
            The guy was telling the story to his dad. His dad reflected on all the trouble- "Well, you know, that happens a lot. When you put that new antifreeze in there and it hits those old parts, it blows things out."
            My friend responded, "Well, Daddy, I looked all over town to find some USED antifreeze, but nobody had any!!"
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

My mother in law is 89, has a 1991 Caprice Wagon., about 70,000 miles on it. When I go shopping at Aaron's in Woodinville, I will be using that for the exact reasons you state. Whoever heard of chasing parts in a Subaru Wagon? :-)

Comment

I bought a real low mile '79 Mercury Cougar in 1992..........I mean real low miles.
                Cars have to be driven.

I ended up replacing tons of stuff...........even the transmission shot craps after awhile.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                X