Well, that was fun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that was fun.

In case any of all y'all were wondering why I haven't been on here, I just returned from a four-week vacation split between scenic Maxwell Air Force Base, AL and Camp Shelby JFTC, MS. Field training is the Air Force ROTC equivalent of BMT, though we are told it is totally different from BMT. All in all, it was kind of fun but I never want to do it again. Ever. It turns out that I am allergic to the state of Mississippi, and it is looking like I picked up mono from one of my roommates.

builds some strong immunity.

what rank will you be for doing rotc first?
    I remember encountering a1c in basic..a good jump on some newbie pay scale.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Fighting For Freedom is Good work Walter

Comment

Four weeks? Yeah, I would say its a bit different. "O"s have it somewhat easier than "E"s do. Good to have you back man, looking forward to seeing you next time you drive by.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
          Four weeks? Yeah, I would say its a bit different. "O"s have it somewhat easier than "E"s do. Good to have you back man, looking forward to seeing you next time you drive by.
          O.

he'll get the most shit for sure.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Allergic to Mississppi! Love it! Congrats Walt and welcome back.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Lieutenants and even some Captains had the worst customs and courtesies I ever saw, simply pathetic salutes and they would cross the street to avoid enlisted members just so they didnt have to salute. I found great humor in crossing the street to chase them down on base, and make them do it.. Some Os were wired up right, others not so much.

Comment

Yeah, and I can understand why- most ROTC cadets are taught all their customs and courtesies at the Detachment level. Oftentimes they have never seen anything like the drill and ceremonies manual and the word of mouth that is passed on from cadet to cadet can be pretty twisted. Also, the college campus isn't a place that forces you to use the proper customs and courtesies. I have seen cadets from my Det walk right by Army officers in uniform without so much as a greeting. If I hadn't been a CAP cadet for years I can't say that I wouldn't do the same.

Comment

Vacation? .... Good job my man!
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                  X