No announcement yet.

cleaning water stains from single stage non clear coat enamel paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dawn dish soap to remove wax,sealer etc.Then wipe down with a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water
    and dry with a 100% cotton towel,then wax.

Comment

I wonder - now that you know that "wax" doesn't work for you - if some of those other products would. Silicone or Teflon based car polishes... ?

Comment

i even tried zymol and same results !!
        "if it's too loud you're too old !!! "sigpic

Comment

I believe this is the same thing that happens when you place a cold drink on a wooden table in your home.

When you remove the glass there is a white water mark that is left and it appears to be under the finish.

The solution is what another poster stated to correct the problem.

50/50 mixture of vinegar and water
          and dry with a 100% cotton towel,then wax.

Jimbo

Comment

Vinegar and water.
            I buy vinegar by the gallon at Costco then add 2oz to a 32oz bottle,I have a 2008 Red Mazda 3 that has never been waxed I "wash it" with a spray bottle.It looks awsome.

You can get ,IIRC, 99% Vinegar at a Nursury ($) but be careful it will etch your driveway (concrete) if you spill it. Use only 1/2-1 oz max to 32 oz of water.

Comment

I had a truck with single stage on it - that the PO had left it out after he fertilized his fields.... no amount of rubbing (manual or machine) or clay bars would completely remove the stains. But he left it on baking for weeks before he washed it ...
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I've gotten lots of different stains out of lots of different things with WD40 believe it or not.

Vinegar and water works very well for removing water spots on both fiberglass and aluminum boats.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

will vinegar work in stains that are below surface style like the type III stains i've got ???

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolcamaro View Post
                    will vinegar work in stains that are below surface style like the type III stains i've got ???
                    never tried it, but if your stains are alkali - then yes, basic chemistry says it should act as a solvent to the hard water.... if not that, then salt water might help you as well (that is how I treat hard water at my house)
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I didn't catch the Type 3 water spots, that is pretty bad, most likely you'll need to color sand it with some 1200 or 1600 grit sandpaper and then buff it out again.........

Comment

update ... after using some meguiers liquid rubbing compound ,cleaner wax ,sealer and good quality carnuba wax i was able to get the stains out of my paint .it took almost 2 weeks worth of work ,a couple hours ea night but it looks alot better

this time when i used the surf city products sealer i left it applied onto my paint for over 24 hrs before i removed it by polishing it off .the directions say to leave it on for 20 mins or 24 hrs for best protection and have been just removing it after 20 minutes .hopefully the longer 24 hr application will seal the paint better and not allow water stains in my paint anymore

Comment

Working...
                        X