Woodward Dream Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodward Dream Cruise

Is anybody going to the Dream Cruise this week(end). We will be going Friday and Saturday. Some other bangshifters will be there as well, starting on Thursday. Hope to see you there if you make it
    FKA Redragtop
    (formerly known as)

I'm walking out the door and heading that way this morning but I'll be headed home Saturday Morning, Friday and Saturday is when Woodward turns into a parking lot!
    Last edited by Grumpy; August 15, 2012, 06:18 AM.
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I'll be there with my z and possibly my buddies 66 riviera.
      Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Good Plan Grumpy - Saturday is for watching, not driving.

It should be renamed the woodward avenue cooling system torture test, and for the gear bangers, left leg torture test.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Me + crowds = not a good time. Still, I want to make it there with one of my cars at some point, and I want to do St Ignace too, since its pretty close to where I live. I would rather do an activity like racing or driving than sit around, or look at cars parked somewhere. Woodward is on the bucket list, just not happening this year.

Comment

Todd - I'd like to do St Ignace some year too - we should meet up there.

For those of us that like to drive more than sit in traffic - the best time to see woodward is the nights preceeding it.

The other cruises of the summer around here are gaining popularity and you can still DRIVE through them, Telegraph (M24), Down river (Fort street M85) and Gratiot.

If you want to stay up on the goings on in Michigan - Cruisin news is a good magazine and website, all the swap meets, shows, and "local" vendors are in there.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'll be there Friday morning.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Mike, I'd Love to go.... But, unfortunately I'll be chilling in good ol' Bama!! Have fun.
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                  Is anybody going to the Dream Cruise this week(end). We will be going Friday and Saturday. Some other bangshifters will be there as well, starting on Thursday. Hope to see you there if you make it
                  At one point in time in my life I would like to check it out, but since our schools here like to start school when most of all these events are happening, it probably won't happen for me until my kids are out of school, which is cool with me since then I'll be able to enjoy it with them........

Comment

The madness has begun. There's stuff going on all week on Woodward. Here's a big photo gallery from last night.

Woodward Dream Cruise Tuesday | MCG

For those who find the Saturday cruise just to big and too hard to deal with, may I suggest an evening during the week? It's much less crowded but there's still plenty to see and do.

Please take, use, and share the photos however you wish. They're for you.

Serious gearhead? Visit----> Mac's Motor City Garage.com

Comment

Nice stuff Bill - thanks for posting the pics -
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Home from our road trip to Cali, and stop at Bonneville, I've got Woodward on the brain now! I'll be parked in Memorial Park at Coolidge and Woodward (northwest corner). It is by far your best bang for the buck. The downside for some, you can only come and go on Friday. Saturday, you are asked to keep your car parked and on display from arrival until 7 pm (or until you leave). You can not come and go on Saturday. For $35 for both days, it doesn't get any cheaper. There are probably 500-1,000 cars in the park on Saturday, and you have tons of food vendors, bathrooms, Chevy and Mopar displays, and plenty of action.

That intersection is about the epicenter of all the action. We set up our chairs right in front of the park. Look for a bald white guy in his 30's along with wife and daughter, in addition to other family. Feel free to come up and ask for me, my name is Ed. I'll gladly show you to my car. It will be the Prowler Purple 69 Camaro parked in the park. I take tons of pictures every year, like 500+ pictures, so I'll be sure to link them to this thread. Look forward to the cruise, and possibly meeting some of you!
                        Motor City Muscle

Comment

Man that 55 Chevy is really really nice. Done with taste and style in mind.

I wish I owned that one for sure. I even like the color combination.

Jimbo

Comment

Thanks for posting the link. That 37 Tudor is just beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill McGuire View Post
                              The madness has begun. There's stuff going on all week on Woodward. Here's a big photo gallery from last night.

Woodward Dream Cruise Tuesday | MCG

For those who find the Saturday cruise just to big and too hard to deal with, may I suggest an evening during the week? It's much less crowded but there's still plenty to see and do.

Please take, use, and share the photos however you wish. They're for you.

getting on the plane tomarrow morning. should be there by 6:00 tomarrow nite (with a stop at the ford greenfield village). i'm a woodward virgin and i'm getting hyped.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                              X