Buy A New Chevy From Dale Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy A New Chevy From Dale Jr

: #88- Dale Earnhardt Jr. has opened two auto dealerships in Tallahassee, Fla. The dealerships are the first for Earnhardt, who owns the stores in partnership with Hendrick Automotive Group Chairman and Hendrick Motorsports Owner Rick Hendrick. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet (3127 W. Tennessee Street) and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Buick GMC Cadillac (1850 Capitol Circle NE) officially opened under the Earnhardt name Monday. The acquisition from longtime owner Larry Strom was finalized over the weekend. "This is something Rick and I have talked about doing ever since I came to Hendrick Motorsports, but we agreed it had to be the right situation," said Earnhardt, who drives the #88 Diet Mountain Dew/National Guard Chevys for Hendrick Motorsports. "I'm honored to work with everyone at Hendrick Automotive Group and have this opportunity in a great market like Tallahassee. I was a mechanic in a Chevy store before I started racing, and I've always loved General Motors products and been interested in the dealership business. So it's exciting for me, and I hope it's going to be exciting for the people in the Tallahassee area." The dealerships are the first in the Tallahassee market for Hendrick Automotive Group, which will manage the stores. The company operates 84 dealerships across the country, including the Earnhardt locations. Both facilities will undergo renovations to modernize their appearances and amenities.

First dealerships in America with a bar and stripper poles in the service dept.

Comment

dale jr and kerry earnhardt worked the lube rack at dale earnhardt chevy back in the day

usually the boss's son starts as executive vice president

Comment

those do something in tricky ways for fanagling income.
        smart business maneuvre.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 16, 2012, 08:15 AM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Jr. flew in on Tue and made his rounds with employees and even shook hands with a few fans. They have flooded our local radio stations with ads to make folks aware of the new ownership . . . as if we didn't know already.

I think here in Tallahassee we are lucky to have anyone try to buy into, or boost our economy. Good on Rick and Dale !

My buddy Mack is a Big Dale Sr. fan and rushed down to Tennessee Street to be the first customer to buy a car under the new ownership. The 76 year old fan is as thrilled as a 16 year old . . . go figure !

Come on down to Florida and spend some of that NASCAR money, we appreciated it.

Chevy fan DTB
          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Nice to see the economy growing a bit for sure.

Not that I'd buy a Chevy, no matter who was selling it...
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Hey Jim. You need to move and get a job there.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I don't work in florida anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  Hey Jim. You need to move and get a job there.
                  Doing what? Star Watch, or Gang Patrol, or Earthquake Relief?
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                    I don't work in florida anymore
                    Funny . . . I don't work in Jersey anymore. But I do miss the Poconos (Camelback), and the Delaware water gap, (tubeing), and the shore, (seaside) and Englishtown (Fri nites)

Don't work there but miss the good times.

Left to be DTB
                    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                      Doing what? Star Watch, or Gang Patrol, or Earthquake Relief?
                      No, Bartending !!! They will hire anybody.

The all knowing DTB
                      DTB - RETIRED

Comment

there are no customers in florida

Comment

Working...
                        X