Requesting a Favor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting a Favor

Alright, fellow Bangshifters, I have to reach out for a favor.

Haley and I's wedding is coming up fast. We have damn near everything planned for the ceremony. We bought tickets to Vegas under the premise that a family friend on my side could get us into SEMA this year, so we could celebrate in Vegas, where we met two years ago. We were looking forward to the show, and to enjoying it at our pace instead of last time, where we ran around until the point of exhaustion, then went drinking afterwards.

Well, things haven't gone well. What I was assured would be simple in June, has fell through...apparently, he doesn't get SEMA passes, his friend does, and apparently, this year his friend just said "no". Even our backup plan, the "Opinion Leaders group", how we got in last time, fell through- the leadership at SEMA cancelled it.

We have flights booked. We have a room booked. We both took a week off to enjoy this and send pics back for y'all. Now, it seems, our entire honeymoon has fallen apart.

I know it's reaching out, but if anyone can help us, we would be very appreciative. This has been our plan since we got serious about getting married, and we would like to see it through.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Who typically gets the tickets for the event? I just called the local Ford dealership where we bought the Fusion from (thanks John) and got a young lady who didn't know anything. She said call back in the morning when the owner is there.

Is it possible that car dealerships get tickets? I called on the outside chance that they may have a couple tickets they weren't going to use.

I see another BangShift Challenge going on here. Tickets to SEMA. Who gets them? Parts people or maybe car dealers?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Peewee, SEMA tickets are for people in the automotive field: media, manufacturers, and motorsports. It's generally closed to the public, but the Opinion Leaders' group was the bypass.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

After a quick search on my end, in bold print, CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC, yes.

Alright BSers. The chase is on. We can't let this ceremony not happen. Let's go.

Comment

Bryan how many SEMA tickets do you need?

Comment

Lemme take a crack at this... I'll let you know if it works.

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Remy just so you know it costs money($25 for online registration), and you have to register your names with the company you have your passes from...... It's not like they just give out open passes...... Though I might have a lead, I'll stop by his work tomorrow and see if he'll do it.......
              Last edited by TC; August 16, 2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                Remy just so you know it costs money($25 for online registration), and you have to register your names with the company you have your passes from...... It's not like they just give out open passes...... Though I might have a lead, I'll stop by his work tomorrow and see if he'll do it.......
                Ron's on it too.....BSers can make anything happen. I've seen it. I believe it.
                Last edited by pdub; August 16, 2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I've got a lure in the water too.....we'll see.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Two tickets. No problem with money, we can pay.

Comment

Good Luck - I'm no help at all - but I was there with ya'll 2 years ago and wish you nothing but the best!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                        Two tickets. No problem with money, we can pay.
                        Don't worry about the money if he'll get them for you it's on me.......

Comment

Have Chad and Brian say Haley is the camera girl and you are the sherpa. Two more passes for BS film crew. Done.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'll also make a couple of calls Bryan.
                            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Wish I could offer more than "Good luck" and a bump to the top of the page.
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X