Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone do side work to fund car/ truck projects? what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone built hot rods to fund projects? or is turnaround time too long?

how bout anyone flip cars?
    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

i buy cheap cars part them out keep the parts i need and sell and scrap the rest. some times on rare instances i flip the car like my $500 grand am i sold for $1600

that is my job as i am unemployed
      Last edited by Mater; August 18, 2012, 04:09 PM.
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I'm a male dancer in my spare time. I take care of you car junkie guy'sess wifes. HA! j/k. I'd starve. I haven't flipped a car in years, I used to do it all the time.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I must have it backwards. i do "car work" to fund my alimony payment
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

sorry to hear that DG
            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

When working on cars I usually work on them from the side. Unless I'm adjusting headlights or replacing the trunkseal gasket for instance...
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                I must have it backwards. i do "car work" to fund my alimony payment

"Cheaper to keep her?"

why even bother with marriage? just find a girl who drive you nuts and buy her a house....!

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I don't like to work on other people's cars, so I don't do that. Extra income for car stuff comes from playing music (people pay me to play guitar!? Who would've thought), Ebay stuff (buy and sell guitars and car parts I don't need), wife writes college papers for people that need a little help, things like that. I too have an alimony payment to an ex that would fund some nice things, but I guess that isn't going to change

Comment

I tried doing car work for others to make money and I did OK but eventually decided to own the car I was working and fix it and resell it. That's worked pretty well. I eventually bought repairable totals with clean titles and put them together - pays really well. When I was in Michigan I almost always had a buyer lined up before the car was done. I haven't done much since retiring but I know I can if I need to.

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; August 19, 2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

I said once I went back to work I would quit the side work. I got to stop lying to myself ! I have snuff work at home, and a few at other rod shops that I could quit the dealership gig. I need to learn that little word.....NO !
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                      X