X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanStokes
    replied
    Aw shucks!

Oldsman - you REALLY need to do the LSR thing, even if just to hang out. It don't get no better (did I get the right number of negatives?). Anyhow, it's WAY cool - and Bonneville is as close to Mars as most of us can ever get.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• oldsman71
    replied
    BSers are the best!! Im thankful for all my forum friends!!!

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
    It's always too brief but it was nice running into you Dan. I am liking the clean shaven look, it makes you look like a young hipster!! So everyone else knows, Dan shaved his beard for the first time since the dawn of the internal combustion engine. ;-)
    It's different alright. I like it too, but I didn't at all know who he was for a few minutes in Ohio. He walked straight up to me in the tech line and said, "My, isn't Red handsome?!"

For just about a minute, it was like that episode of Andy Griffith when the stranger came to town and already knew everybody's name (because he'd been subscribing to the Mayberry newspaper via mail). Who IS this guy??? Oh heck, that's DAN!

BIG different look, same great guy as always.

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    It's always too brief but it was nice running into you Dan. I am liking the clean shaven look, it makes you look like a young hipster!! So everyone else knows, Dan shaved his beard for the first time since the dawn of the internal combustion engine. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    started a topic BSers on the Salt

BSers on the Salt

In addition to my Impound duties (I'm pretty busy in there) I did get in some BS time.

Saw Chad early on but we didn't get much hangin' out time. We did chat a bit but it was tough hearing each other as there was a heck of a windstorm at the time. Hopefully next year.

Saw David Freiburger but we both were working. I established that Small Frei and Mrs. Frei are both doing well then we had to get on with our respective duties. David is looking svelt these days.

Ran across Randall a couple of times and we had dinner one night. He's a great guy and I really like him. He was driving the Centurian mostly with the top down - great old car. No POS trailer this time.

Doug (LS7GTO) came over and said HI. I was sorry to be in a rush at the time as I'd have liked to hang out more with him. We had a TON of cars in Impound early in the week so I get pretty busy then.

Saw Scott (Dieselgeek) for a while when the Daytona was in Impound and later in the final inspection lane. As Chad reported, they kicked it! Scott really does know his stuff.

I know I'm forgetting someone but as always it's great to see BSers. Feels like a family reunion.

Dan
Working...
X