X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ejection seat in the woods

b-52 crash maine 1963

29 below. spit and hear it crackle..

one tough seat to avoid part of the process of getting it through fuselage.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Cool story.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      Cool story.
      Yep, sure is. The Cold War was something I grew up in. Bomb shelters around town, "hide your ass under the desk" at elementary school drills, the whole nine yards.

And all of our parents pretended everything was alright, no worries. We as kids surely had no clue what it was all about, but with the Bay of Pigs debacle the worst nearly DID happen. And JFK politically survived that perfectly only to get shot (by somebody) later on.

All that and the space program going on at the same time, it was a confusing time to be a little kid. Astronauts on the cover of Life magazine, All-American.

But to read Tom Wolfe's book "The Right Stuff" decades later, it was a revelation that whole lots more astronaut wannabes got killed in the Corvettes around Cocoa Beach, free cars for the astronauts from the dealership for the publicity it provided for Chevrolet, guys killed drunk and street racing rather than in training accidents on jets or on spacecraft.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

And all of our parents pretended everything was alright, no worries. We as kids surely had no clue what it was all about, but with the Bay of Pigs debacle the worst nearly DID happen.
        JEEZUS, P!
        Give this alarmist chicken little crap a rest, will ya?
        I swear you're just an angst-ridden headcase looking for a reason to shit little gold rowboats, and then come to BangShift to display your self-analysis.
        Shut up, man.
        Last edited by studemax; August 20, 2012, 04:49 PM.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

it really is an amazing tale. I could guess cold shattered the stab, 300+ mph at 300 feet, and 29 below. holy crap.

winds aren't serious here for pilots that know better.
          some locales are anti-human enough to be like a war ground upon landing. like that plane they found in the desert from ww2.

29 below is some serious stuff..that area does it all the time, like a geomagnetic weird physic. I lived in it, and worked at the local base on planes.
          the survivors are very lucky. The evidence sitting for nearly 50 years..not many wander about that way.

Some got perturbed at the pay scale over this stuff maine dishes out..should have been a special duty, hardship something or other. Not even the planes stayed human.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
            JEEZUS, P!
            Give this alarmist chicken little crap a rest, will ya?
            I swear you're just an angst-ridden headcase looking for a reason to shit little gold rowboats, and then come to BangShift to display your self-analysis.
            Shut up, man.
            You're in top form tonight Stude. Get some rest. Seems you need it.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
            X