Martian Target Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peewee View Post
    Mike, you could have actually saved the taxpayers a shitpot full of money by just sending one of your own photos to NASA.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13683[/ATTACH]
    ha ha ha ah ha ha!!!!
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

When I think of the amount of money we go into the whole every year and they just keep blowing billions thru the sky. There is nobody else out there because I'm almost positive we're all the trouble God cared to entertain.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        When I think of the amount of money we go into the whole every year and they just keep blowing billions thru the sky. There is nobody else out there because I'm almost positive we're all the trouble God cared to entertain.
        I was an amateur space nut during the space race. Had models of the Saturn V rocket, the LEM, etc.

The space shuttle, I was right there for a couple launches. What a display of techno-prowess.

Then I got older and decided it was all a waste of taxpayer money. NASA is after all, yet another government agency.

But the Curiosity thing...I know as well as anybody that we'll never get anything out of it that we can hold in our hand. Another few billion tax dollars down the drain. But....those camera shots from Mars are really cool. Worthless in reality, but awe-inspiring at the same time.

I can't decide. Surely NASA is trying to impress us with their value so they can stay alive and stay funded. I just can't decide. The shuttle didn't do it, but the Mars rover....I can't decide.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Meanwhile slums exist, people starve, schools cannot teach......and so on...yet we are on Mars... Kinda silly... Or very forward thinking..

Comment

I read that it was $7/person. I'd pay $7 for what will eventually come from it. Without getting too political, there are many other places to cut before we have to worry about the miniscule spending on NASA (.5% of budget). Also, alot of indirect technological advances have come from the space program, and it would be pretty sweet to have a colony on Mars. Though human nature would probably lead to the two planets behaving like separate countries, each sailing the skies trying to colonize as many planets as possible. 'course that'd be after my time that Mars would be able to rule itself.

Comment

from what I was told alot of major medical break throughs are a result of the Nasa.
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                Meanwhile slums exist, people starve, schools cannot teach......and so on...yet we are on Mars... Kinda silly... Or very forward thinking..
                IN the grand scheam of things the NASA budget is pennies. If they shit canned NASA and funneld the money elsewhere, whatever program they gave it to would see little to no change.
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                  IN the grand scheam of things the NASA budget is pennies. If they shit canned NASA and funneld the money elsewhere, whatever program they gave it to would see little to no change.
                  I agree with you, Joe... I would much rather we kept NASA... They paid for my teen years...indirectly... Mom worked for a sub-contractor that provided electronics for Appolo and several other space related programs..

Nice as it is to go to Hiati, Africa, and other disaster struck areas... We need to clean our own home FIRST...
                  Alot is our own fault.. Buying homes that they had no biz to.. And so on... But some genuinely have no hope or chance.

I was struck by a homeless man whose mother passed away.. He did not want to be a burden to his mother, thus he was homeless.
                  Had no $$ or anything.. Got enough to build his mom a nice pine coffin with borrowed tools and borrowed driveway... He did not want to pay $400 for a cardboard box to bury her in.. I wonder why do we have people in our society who have to live like that.. Obviously skilled, but cannot find a job.. He refused to be interviewed by tv because it was "private" the owner of the borrowed driveway says he looks and looks, but no jobs

And we spend to send a piece of equipment to Mars... Yes it gives people jobs sending that said equipment to the red planet...

Comment

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                    X