Taking a risk of irritating the staff of PHR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a risk of irritating the staff of PHR

Okay, so I read the Nova build, and I read their little high-horse/we're better then you/look at the crap people do rant about the floorboards.

and I laugh

what a bunch of .... well, uninformed knuckledraggers

PHR, if you have a hole in the floor, the water got in somewhere, yet you don't fix that problem, it'll rust through again. Then someone will look at that floor and say "what a bunch of holier-then-thou knuckledraggers." "Why didn't they fix the leak when they replaced the floors?"
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 21, 2012, 06:56 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Wait, you are saying water flows downward following the path of least resistance? THE HELL YOU SAY!

There is a reason I dont read that mag, mostly its very light tech, but also grammatical errors like using 'breaks' instead of 'brakes' and things like that. Oh crap, I think I am a grammar nazi....

Comment

come on now, the fix is leaving partial vent open.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Essentially, SBG is saying to PHR: "Why don't you just... fix the leak?"

;-)
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Gotta have something to line the bird cage.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

What surprises me about this is the SBG would want to irritate someone. I would NEVER have pegged you to be that guy.
            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Now most BSers know I'm no knee-jerk defender of Hunkins. But this particular criticism of "POP ROD" strikes me as carping.

Certainly anyone who has restored a 35-50+ year-old vehicle knows that floors can rust out due to trifling stuff such as bad weatherstripping and bad window seals. Undoubtedly they're going to replace that at the appropriate time in the build. And until the car has to stay outside, there's no need to do that at the same time as the floorpan replacement. In fact, that's not something you'd want to do until post-paint final assembly.

And due to space constraints, magazines and tv shows seldom show every step (or how hard/time-consuming/expensive the steps are) of every build segment. (Often the lawyers make 'em put that in the fine print, but it should be obvious). Replacing the weather stripping and window gaskets might not be a feature "event" in every project build write-up.

Hunkins is trying harder since the epic "Gromer versus Hunkins" thread. I say give 'em a "brake" . . . er . . . break . . . .

Comment

I don't read that mag, at home or Walmart.
                Car Craft, Hot Rod and Musclecar review for me.

Comment

Dropped PHR years ago when they jumped on the "pro-touring" band wagon.
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

now now, as I said in the OP, I wouldn't give them crap if they didn't get on their high horse about "the guy who fixed it wrong."

Speedy, you disagree with Hunkins? you don't say.... wow, learned something new. Why would you disagree with him? after all he keeps Camaros on the front cover, is in love with the LS motor, and has 2 - non Camaro projects going, err 4 projects if you include the Chevelles (and Nova).

Carping - umm, you'd think they'd have fixed the leak BEFORE they painted the car.... but what do I know about painting and car repair?

Chad, your beard is on fire....
                    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 21, 2012, 03:12 PM.

Comment

I can't believe no mag has ever covered replacing window seals in a build. I guess they are not into doing sexy repairs like seals and felts. But, we at BS are into sexy. We did a window R&R article for those in desperate need to see rubbers put applied and stretched over hard parts.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        I can't believe no mag has ever covered replacing window seals in a build.
                        Mopar Muscle did a few years back. I don't know about recently because I don't subscribe anymore, it got to be all '68-'72 B and E bodies and BS got me hooked on "variety".

Comment

Ifor those in desperate need to see rubbers put applied and stretched over hard parts.
                          Dude, did you just write that!
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I can't believe no mag has ever covered replacing window seals in a build. I guess they are not into doing sexy repairs like seals and felts. But, we at BS are into sexy. We did a window R&R article for those in desperate need to see rubbers put applied and stretched over hard parts.
                            actually, I just did a rubber install
                            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 21, 2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                              Dude, did you just write that!
                              Sorry. 14 hrs in LA traffic today. My brain/mouth filter quit working.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X