Anyone here from Wisconsin ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here from Wisconsin ??????

I'm going to Oconomowoc at the end of September for a couple days of training.
    Anything to do out there during the week ???
    Good food ???
    Car attractions or cruise nights on Weds, or Thurs. ???
    sigpicJohn Castelli
    www.gonecruisincarclub.com

Yes (: i am a couple hours away from there, I'll get you some info.

Comment

It is easy

Beer joint on every corner (at least)

Cheese Curds, polish sausage and most of the joints have popcorn ..your set
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
        It is easy

Beer joint on every corner (at least)

Cheese Curds, polish sausage and most of the joints have popcorn ..your set
        All true, but it's not polish sausage it's Bratwurst.
        I don’t know the Oconomowoc are real well, I have been to a few lake-front bars/restaurants on nearby Okauchee lake but I don’t remember the names. There are some 6 lakes in the area so probably lots of great small lake-side spots. You’ll find good food easily, that’s why we, in this state are so fat.

Lots of very good local beer, try it all , Capital Brewery and New Glarus Brewing will be readily available, but we have literally hundreds of local breweries, one is in Oconomowoc. If you like mixed drinks make sure to get a Whisky or Brandy Old-fashion, extremely popular drink in this area.

I do know that the Chancery in nearby Waukesha is very good for a great sandwich and wide variety of local beer, been there many times. I’ve heard good things about Palmers Steakhouse in nearby Heartland as well, but have not personally been there.

By the time you get here all the Car shows and cruises will likely be wrapped up for the season. If you like Harley Davidson’s you may want to check out the HD Museum that’s in Milwaukee north of the Airport.
        Have fun.

Comment

I don't know the Oconomowoc area real well either. Mike's suggestions on Capital Brewery and New Glarus Brewing beers is spot on. I'm partial to New Glarus and brought some of their Fat Squirrel and Spotted Cow beer back to Georgia with me this week. I think the the Harley Davidson museum is a good one to check out even if you aren't into Harleys. And you definitely have to get some cheese curds.

Comment

Will try the cheese curds.
            I'm a beer drinker, so I WILL try the local brews. Here in Rochester, NY , we have the Gennesee Brewery, also their the makers of Honey Brown, one of my favorite beers.

I plan on checking out LOCAL eateries. I was raised in a restaurant (literally), so I appreciate good food (WAYYYYYY too much unfortunately).
            sigpicJohn Castelli
            www.gonecruisincarclub.com

Comment

If you can find 'em, beer-battered deep fried cheese curds are yummy!

Comment

Those are all great things to see and do. Me and the wife just got back from a 2 week camping trip in Wisconsin and we loved it. The Beer and Brats are really good and I don't think I will look at cheese curds again the same way (deep fried are extra yummy).

The Harley Museum is definately a must see, we are not really into bike but we killed 2 hours easy looking and reading about some cool stuff. I am envious of you guys in Wisconsin, I wish we could get down there more often.

Comment

Working...
                X