Insurance costs are high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance costs are high

Sorry not a political statement, just a WTF moment on ins companies. I have really good med coverage, co pay is $10. So my daughter is on this really expensive acne medication, like $600-700 per refill! The dermitologist office gave me discount cards from the pharmicutical manufacturer thr at basically the cost with the dicount is $10...good deal fo me and my insurance company. But I guess there's a lack of communication between the pharmacy and insurance company so on each refill, I would get a reimbursement check for the full amount less $10 for my co pay. While I could have used the money and probably no one would have found out, I'm just honest and afraid of being bubba's cell mate, so I never cashed them. Ended up with twelve checks in the $600-700 range, nice.

So I called the insurance company today to find out what to do with the checks. I explaind to the claims person what had happened. There response...cash the checks, it's your money and you got a great discout. Really? I could not believe what the rep had just said. I had to drive it into this person that would be theft. Finally she understood but she didn't have a solution. Time to call some one elso tomorrow.

Just hire people with common sense who kow what they are doing!
    Last edited by BigDad; August 22, 2012, 05:51 PM.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

probably not their money either. Most drug manufacturers are given a direct tax write off for their giveaways. Either that, or they (insurance company) didn't pay for the prescription and reimbursed you for it - meaning the bill is in the mail from the pharmacy.... I would call them and ask them if they actually received payment.

Keep track of who you talked to in trying to track down where the money belongs. That, more than anything else, would help you if someone later demands payment (or repayment).
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 22, 2012, 03:44 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Didn't get the name but I'll be calling back. Don't worry, I don't plan on doing anything untill I get some sort of official paperwork to CMA (cover my ass).
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I have really good med coverage, co pay is $10. So my daughter is on this really expensive acne medication, like $600-700 per refill!
        Somewhere down the line someone pays the difference like maybe me that has to pay almost $200 a month for company health coverage and a $1500 deductible.
        So $700 acme meds are good if you get it but too bad if you don't. I think most of you understand my point of view.

Comment

Not political but . You use the Presidents name in the topic ?

Delete, and re-do it , or I will ..
          sigpic

Comment

Exactly what does this to do with the Affordable Health Care Act?
            Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anotheroldgearhead View Post
              Exactly what does this to do with the Affordable Health Care Act?
              I think his point was (partly sarcasm) that we don't need any new laws, just use common sense and eliminate waste.
              Last edited by moparmaniac07; August 22, 2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Gotta remember that insurance companies make a fortune on premiums betting against what we fear the most. The stuff that nearly ever never happens, so they make a fortune on premiums.

Until it actually happens, like a nasty hurricane season in Florida, and then they want to pull out because their fortune is tapped into. It's basically an ugly game. Not pretty.

I guess most states require car insurance coverage but in the states I've lived in, the insurance companies tack on an "uninsured motorist fee." So, if I have to have insurance to drive, why do I pay a fee for the folks who are driving without insurance, and how are they able to drive without insurance if I can't drive without insurance?
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  ... how are they able to drive without insurance if I can't drive without insurance?
                  it's easy if you know where the loopholes are...

don't ask

been years & years & years if anyone is queezy
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

1 way to do it is, buy 3 months worth, go get your license plate and then cancel the insurance in a week and get 85% of your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
                      1 way to do it is, buy 3 months worth, go get your license plate and then cancel the insurance in a week and get 85% of your money back.

So.....I'm grinning here....That's why I have to pay?

Seriously...
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
                        get/got the monthly payment plan and pay for the first month only...no money to return cause it never left my pocket
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

? here in Ohio they send out confirmation letters to suspected un-insured motorists, and ask you to prove you've had a policy for "x" amount of time...but its a random action, so if you play the odds and 'get lucky' you might be able to pull it off, providing you never get stopped by a police officer - who can check your status almost immediately.

as for getting that huge discount on your prescription... I would FOR SURE Cover Your A$$.... If the insurance company even THINKS you smell funny... they can play the fraud card (right or wrong) and you go to court and it costs you BIG dollar$ to prove your innocence. If you talk to ins. reps over the phone, record the call. tell them you are doing so during the call. AND KEEP THE RECORDINGS. ALSO follow UP WITH LETTERS. Insurance companies have huge amounts of beaurocracy and getting through it successfully can be a real challenge. I've had brain surgery, cancer, burst appendix, crushed foot, a screw driver through the eye... I KNOW about insurance... and i've had a similar experience as the one you describe.... DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT..... Cover Your A$$.... you really don't want to have to prove you are innocent.
                          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
                            Not political but . You use the Presidents name in the topic ?

Delete, and re-do it , or I will ..

Sorry BigDad, as I said it was not meant to be political. I used the name mearly because it is (insurance costs) always current topic in the news.
                            Tom
                            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                              Sorry BigDad, as I said it was not meant to be political. I used the name mearly because it is (insurance costs) always current topic in the news.

Give an inch, take a mile .. No politics, I changed the title, let it run its course as long as it stays clean

No problem
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X