No announcement yet.

Budgetary shop rates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 350 is a great engine. It was SO mildly tuned from the factory (cam specs, exhaust configuration, dist curve, etc.) that they REALLY come alive with a bit of optimization. Most of those were in LeSabres and Mom's Skylark and Buick was always more interested in smooth operation and durability so there are lots of low-hanging performance fruit to be harvested. I'd love to see a dyno comparison of stock vs. a mild build. Your mission, should you choose to accept it (will this message self-destruct?).

Dan

Comment

Fortunately I have 2 of them, will put the good one in and build up the unknown quantity (in the car now for go giddy up go.

I am sure Aaron will consult on the important things when I go down to see him.
      Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

Big score today. Bought a small canon A 400 digital camera for $15 with a classic error message. (lens cover wouldn't open). Fixed it and traded it for a Buick 71 350-4 barrel intake and some power steering brackets.

The down side, drivers side rear quarter is all bondo and not done well at all. It will have to be all removed to see whats really under there.
        Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

Working...
        X