Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by bjohn; February 10, 2024, 10:14 AM.

that must be fun..first time for everything.

I did an 1/8th about 20 years ago..did not like it. I think my chevelle got someone elses fuel, popped wheelie, smacked bumper..the lower arms twisted, gas came out the back cap, stunk up the car..and then I went home with a smile on my face. Ended up blowing the engine the same year i put it in..still think it was vapors at the track.

me and a 100 dollar 350. 1/4 mile is the way to go. Not sure what the 1/8th is for.. the good stuff hits 80 or so, modern highway onramps are taking its place. (that is where test anyhting)
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 23, 2012, 06:37 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

yeah it's fun! I went last weekend, but I had a longer drive, two days each way

Last edited by squirrel; August 23, 2012, 06:45 PM.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

sounds like a costly trip...
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

With all the work I did on the car before I left, I figure around $1500 per run
          My fabulous web page

Comment

Its nice working 5 minutes from the track. Nothing like running a stick on slicks down the track.
            Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

for all the stoplight wars, and dumbass things on the street, I've never been down a track. I'm pretty pumped, hope I don't make an idiot out of myself.

Congratulations! What did it run?
              Last edited by Beagle; August 24, 2012, 04:35 AM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If you have deep pockets you can have a DD that runs 100 mph in the 8th. 2009 CTS-V with RPM MotorSports V-II Package-628 rwhp/608 rwtq Best time 10.96 @ 129 mph
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

I have a $1800 55 chevy with a Forbes Stage VII package....runs low-mid 11s at 120 or so.

The Package cost me around 20-25k, but it was amortized over many years, and depreciation has been pretty much non-existent.

There are lots of ways to have fun with cars.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

I have a blast in my Mustang when I go to the track. I have always wanted something that I can run and when I got the 'stang I figured it was time. Jim was witness to my first few runs, the car wont hook and I hit the rev limiter more than once but you couldnt jackhammer the permagrin off my face afterwards...

I go any chance I get (which is not often)...Luckily it is only a 30 min drive to our local track.

Glad to hear you had fun, now it will get its hooks in you and all you will think about is how you can shave off time on the E.T.
                    Last edited by JOES66FURY; August 24, 2012, 07:32 AM.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

^^^^true^^^^
                      Only have raced a couple times on 2 trips & constantly thinking of ways to drop weight (including myself) & go faster
                      "You want to lay the fate of the world on the kid's Camaro?
                      Ok that's cool"

Agent Simmons, from the Transformers movie

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        With all the work I did on the car before I left, I figure around $1500 per run
                        Jim I got out cheap, then. For my Ohio Mile trip, all the directly associated expenses (at only about 5 hours away), I came out a tick over $1000 per run (two runs, rookie run and then balls-out the next day). Two and a half days there and was on the track with the gas mashed a bit over a minute total.

Was it worth it? Hell yes. I sure wouldn't sell it. Just wish the weather was better that weekend. That's all, the only thing. Can't fix that, for sure not even with money. But everybody got to run at least twice as far as I know, so it was indeed an event, a spectacle perhaps, as it always is with LSR.

So yes, racing is awesome, even when you're not racing anybody else directly (as in LSR).
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I miss racing. With the recent events in the shop, I think lexan might find its way into my cars, and I might as well get back into making things that scare old ladies and make men in minivans shake their fists at me. Thanks for posting the vids guys, its helping me get my want to mess with cars back after yesterday.

Comment

Oh my, it's a terrible thing, this addiction to going faster.
                            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
                              Oh my, it's a terrible thing, this addiction to going faster.
                              It sure is. I didn't know it until I did it, and I did it just a little bit, hardly barely.

If any of you guys want to build me a car that will go faster, I'll sit in it and mash the gas and I won't charge you a thing.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X