Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anybody Else Made Somebody Else Pull Over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anybody Else Made Somebody Else Pull Over?

I was coming home from work before lunchtime today, got behind Pa Kettle in a white 86 Oldsmobile.

Weekend! Going home! Whoo-Hoo!

Mouse Creek Road, curvy, hilly, double yellow for maybe four miles to our house.

You can't pass, forget it. I was just playing with Red. Enjoying it. Fall back, gun it, brakes, shift down, etc. Curves. Hills.

Pa Kettle finally pulled into a driveway sideways. I stopped. I watched. Okay, so go past him. The road is clear.

As soon as I moved by, he pulled back onto the road. He just didn't want me behind him. I wasn't hassling him, I don't think...he just wanted to take his time, I think....and Red was in his mirror.

Did I do bad? Was I an asshole?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

When I get behind a D- driver I have honked the horn and flashed the lights before to make them pull over then I rev past them.

Comment

I have been on a few roads in Sally where the driver in front will see me and pull over and let me pass...I dont tailgate but on these roads most people like to sight see and I aint so much worried bout the trees and rocks as I am about how I am going to enter the next turn if you know what I mean....
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
        I have been on a few roads in Sally where the driver in front will see me and pull over and let me pass...I dont tailgate but on these roads most people like to sight see and I aint so much worried bout the trees and rocks as I am about how I am going to enter the next turn if you know what I mean....

Maybe that's what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
          When I get behind a D- driver I have honked the horn and flashed the lights before to make them pull over then I rev past them.

That's pretty much taught in Driver's Ed here in NJ. Along with "If you see someone who isn't tailgating, and their lane is moving faster than yours, cut them off."

Oh, and almost forgot... "come to a complete stop in the middle of the road, then put on your left turn signal."
          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I'm guessing your actions were inappropriate since there was another driver nearby. What would you do if you had someone behind you doing what you did?

Yes he was going slow but just sit back n relax, you'll get there soon enough. Would you like someone driving this way if it was your daughter? Too quote you, yes I'd say you were an asshole. But just my opinion based on what you have told us.
            Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

It happens all the time. I wear a suit and am driving a big black suburban. All I have to do is pull up behind and scowl. They move over thinking I am some kind of cop. I do nothing to correct their mistaken thinking. The illegals usual go all boggle eyed and panic thinking I am from ICE. As long they get their slow.asses out of the way, I dont care.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I used to have cars that did that.
                a 74 chevelle down low is a mean looking thing coming at a mirror.

my only other one that did that to people was an all black monnte carlo SS. was not about speeding or tailing..peculiar thing people do.

have not been intimidating in years. Getting older anyway..could care less.

a modern thing I'd get out of the way for is the camaros and chargers...mustangs too I guess. we don't have much happening here for that realm.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 24, 2012, 08:02 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I got a tow truck bumper with the grille on my flatbed... Inch up.. They see bars in the mirror...moved right on over...
                  Once got a roadrage call on me...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                    It happens all the time. I wear a suit and am driving a big black suburban. All I have to do is pull up behind and scowl. They move over thinking I am some kind of cop. I do nothing to correct their mistaken thinking. The illegals usual go all boggle eyed and panic thinking I am from ICE. As long they get their slow.asses out of the way, I dont care.
                    Wanna know the best way to get a seat on a crowded subway in NYC?

Flip open your wallet, hold it up in the air, and yell "I-C-E !!"

Watch 'em scatter...
                    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      At least a few times a day, Crown Vics with tinted windows work well also.
                      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Peewee, he was a prince, man. That's the only explanation worthy of Weeville consideration.

BTW, I stop for old ladies and small animals.

Too much courtesy never harmed anyone.
                        Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
                          I'm guessing your actions were inappropriate since there was another driver nearby. What would you do if you had someone behind you doing what you did? Im not worrying about the old what if it was you bullcrap!

Yes he was going slow but just sit back n relax, you'll get there soon enough. Im busy and time is money, anyone who drives like a snail needs to save it for the backroads on Sunday. Would you like someone driving this way if it was your daughter? What about grandma or crippled aunt? Too quote you, yes I'd say you were an asshole. But just my opinion based on what you have told us.
                          Just based on what you told us I would say you are the D- driver that has to pull over all the time.
                          Last edited by skullbucket; August 24, 2012, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I'm not even going to talk about slow ass MF'n drivers, I just wait for the right time and blow around them, problem solved, I've even done this going through the Salt River Canyon, where it is a two lane highway and nothing but 25mph switch backs, if I can see that no one is coming the other direction I'll jump in the on coming lane and pass the SOB, because even though it's 25mph through that area I do it at 40-50mph and I'm not on your scheduled!!!!! Normally it's real easy to pass someone in a hair pin turn and you can see on coming traffic pretty easy...... And I don't want to hear the what if it was your mom or daughter, because I don't have a daughter and my mom would be all over your ass yelling at you to get the F out of the way!!!!!....... Like this one Cop told me, I don't give tickets for speeding, I give tickets for going to slow in the fast lane........ Here I believe if there are more than 5 cars behind you, you have to pull over and let them pass.........
                            Last edited by TC; August 25, 2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
                              Peewee, he was a prince, man. That's the only explanation worthy of Weeville consideration.

BTW, I stop for old ladies and small animals.

Too much courtesy never harmed anyone.
                              Same. I wrecked my work lunch twice in the morning when I slammed on the brakes to keep from DXing a skunk (both times) in the road, and my work lunch in a grocery bag slid off of Bubba the Truck's seat into the floorboard. That's a long drop.

It took twice - that's how slow I am on the uptake - before I always put my lunch on the floorboard to start with, that's where it'll end up if I slam on the brakes.

But tailgating? I don't do it. My second wife did it. I don't ride with anybody else driving unless I'm drunk. If it's my choice, I'll have the steering wheel and the brakes. That's just my thing.

She's tailgating, I mean rubbing the license plate on the car ahead and I'd say, "Either pass this car or stay back - whatcha gonna do either way?"

She'd say, "I guess you're right" and keep on tailgating.

All that to say, I never got even close to Pa Kettle on Mouse Creek Road yesterday. But he pulled over and let me by.
                              Last edited by pdub; August 25, 2012, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X