Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anybody Else Made Somebody Else Pull Over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life's short...
    Pass me if you want... I don't care..
    But God help you if you pass me and slow down in front of me!
    On the bike.. I will throttle and get away from you... Rather you be back there unable to catch me on the bike than ahead of me dickin around...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Life's short...
      On the bike.. I will throttle and get away from you... Rather you be back there unable to catch me on the bike than ahead of me dickin around...
      That's probably fair Bob, because after all, Gail used the term "dickin around" first.

Unless somebody has hijacked Gail's BS account and is having fun posing as her....
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        Life's short...
        X2
        I don't care if someone wants to go faster than me, which usually doesn't happen on roads I'm familiar with. WTH is the point of passing if you're just going to slow down anyway. I also don't see a point in 'brakechecking' someone following too close. Just let 'em by and you don't have to worry about them. If someone's tailgating me, I speed up until they maintain a normal distance, or pull over and let them pass, depending on how familiar I am with the road and weather conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          To go along with Gail's story - I have been pulled over just so the guy could check out my car - sure he checked my registration and license just to be sure - but he was a car guy and we probably talked 20 minutes on the side of the road - thankfully he didn't find anything to give me a ticket for.

I had an LAPD pull me over. As I watched him walk up to my car, he ran his finger down the pin stripe on the side following the contour of the quarter panel. He walks right past my window and looks over the front of the car. When he finally gets back to my window he asks what engine is under the hood. I tell him. He then tells me he had one in high school and walks back to his cruiser running his finger down the quarter panel again. I think that qualifies as fondling my car. My car was so violated.

This is the same day Freiburger nearly got arrested doing burnouts in the Crusher Camaro for the cover shot with no license, out of date registration and no insurance.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It seems like a trend with cops for me they like to follow me even in new towns or just driving. I have taken to pulling off and waiting for them to pass either that or try and find something to ticket me and i know they have nothing on me.

Back to the main subject though peewee if i saw someone coming up fast then back then up again, then ya i would pull over to i take it as a they are ready to go and showing they can pass so i just get out of the way.
            GF:Did you motor blow up?
            Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

Originally posted by award69129 View Post
              It seems like a trend with cops for me they like to follow me even in new towns or just driving. I have taken to pulling off and waiting for them to pass either that or try and find something to ticket me and i know they have nothing on me.

Back to the main subject though peewee if i saw someone coming up fast then back then up again, then ya i would pull over to i take it as a they are ready to go and showing they can pass so i just get out of the way.
              Well, as it grows on me, I'm sure I was being a jerk. Pa put on his right turn signal......I backed even farther back....ahhh, he lives at that house right there, made it home.

No, he pulled in there and stopped, still facing forward down the road. What the.....??? And he just passed a church driveway entrance that was a whole lot more conducive to doing that sort of a move. So maybe he got a phone call. So now I'm stopped in the road well behind him, and he's stopped in the driveway. I watch and think and figure, well, he's not going, so I will.

The one thing I didn't do, my biggest mistake in analyzing the whole episode.. I did not look over there into his car as I passed him. That would have been a teller. He may very well been shooting me the bird.

But he sure pulled right back out onto the road when I moved by.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
              X