Bristol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol

Anyone else ever go go to the Bristol race before? My dad and I are going there for the first time tomorrow night. Leaving Detroit bright and early.

Im pretty pumped, its been 2 years since ive been to any kind of stock car race, and this one was the highest on our bucket list.
    Last edited by Woodward_Dreams; August 24, 2012, 06:59 PM.

Ear plugs and muffs.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Been there ,done that many times,great race.
      I will in downtown Bristol in the AM delivering gas, got to get in and out early to miss the headache of traffic.
      What route are you taking in to Bristol?

Comment

I'd like to go there. They ground out the extra 2 degrees out of the top groove to "improve" the racing for fans. I guess there were complaints there isnt the bump and run racing anymore now they can race side by side. So, they ground up the third lane against the wall.where no one races.

Have fun.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
          Been there ,done that many times,great race.
          I will in downtown Bristol in the AM delivering gas, got to get in and out early to miss the headache of traffic.
          What route are you taking in to Bristol?
          Probably going to take 77 to I81. Its a little quicker than taking I75 the whole way down. But we keep changing our minds.

Were staying at a hotel after the race in the knoxville area, so we'll take 75 home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            I'd like to go there. They ground out the extra 2 degrees out of the top groove to "improve" the racing for fans. I guess there were complaints there isnt the bump and run racing anymore now they can race side by side. So, they ground up the third lane against the wall.where no one races.

Have fun.
            Yeah after watching the nationwide race, I still think I like the track better from before the repave, but im sure it'll still be an exciting race to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              Ear plugs and muffs.
              I've been to many nascar and irl races, and I alway go ear protection free. Im a young idiot who will regret it in 20 years...

Comment

The drivers were wearing headsets just to talk to their crews during practice today. I guess its that loud.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Heck of a sight, Bristol. Probably just like the Roman Forum 2000 years ago, except with cars,
                  Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

They totally ruined the heritage of that track when they messed with the banking.

BUT it's one of the most remarkable sports arenas in the nation. You'll have fun just being there. Amazing, they can get 125,000 people around a half mile track. The staff, the facilities, just a great place to go to an event.

And loud. Did anybody say loud? Ed said plugs and muffs. And put your hands over top of that. The aluminum grandstands, it's a gigantic speaker cone. LOUD.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven View Post
                      Heck of a sight, Bristol. Probably just like the Roman Forum 2000 years ago, except with cars,
                      Yeah, I forgot that part, there's not a bad seat in the house. You're looking down on the action, and it all seems close no matter where you sit.

Did I say LOUD? I hope I remembered to say that's one loud place to watch a race, and that's part of the experience.

Went there for a truck race years ago, when you just absolutely couldn't get a seat for a Cup race. Back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        They totally ruined the heritage of that track when they messed with the banking.

BUT it's one of the most remarkable sports arenas in the nation. You'll have fun just being there. Amazing, they can get 125,000 people around a half mile track. The staff, the facilities, just a great place to go to an event.

And loud. Did anybody say loud? Ed said plugs and muffs. And put your hands over top of that. The aluminum grandstands, it's a gigantic speaker cone. LOUD.
                        Which time? They changed this track a bunch of times over the decades.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          Which time? They changed this track a bunch of times over the decades.
                          When they took it from 36 degrees to the current setup, progressive. It used to be a bull ring, carnage. Now it's just about as entertaining as Pocono. And supposedly they did that for the fans. No, they did that for the drivers, so they could take home what they brung and run it again at Richmond or wherever.

Comment

The modified race is the one I love to see the most.

They put on the best show in racing where ever they go.

If Nascar was really interested in how to put on a better show the formula is right in front of them.

Most modified fans won't even sit or leave the their seats during a race for fear they will miss some of the action.

The last modified race in N.H. was a great example when the three front runners traded the lead a total of seventeen times in a 100 lap race. That's what fans come to see.

Jimbo

Comment

i dvr'd the modified race, watching it sunday morning, i saw a pic of the wreck that involved 22 cars from the other night
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                              X