Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ten most beautiful cars of all time- they say!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten most beautiful cars of all time- they say!

Whats your picks?
    In celebration of the classic and exotic car events Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance and the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit, Total Car Score has weighed in on the car world’s all-time best looking rides.

Some good choices there, especially the Ford GT (but I'm biased). And a couple bad ones, IMO - the Aston Martin looks like a kitchen appliance and the 65 Jaguar, from that photo angle, looks like a spatula.

And they missed the whole concept when they didn't have an 06 Mustang GT (in red) on the list, like first on the list.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I thought I read one time the 70 Charger was the most beautiful car ever that couldn't be made better looking.
      They are pretty good looking.

Comment

Whoever picked them sure doesn't share my tastes.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          I agree...

Nowhere on the list was a 1977 King Cobra Mustang II

WTF??

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
            I agree...

Nowhere on the list was a 1977 King Cobra Mustang II

WTF??

Ron
            No worries Ron, gotcha covered. We can make our own list:

Click image for larger version

Name:	77KingCobra.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	863788

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              the Aston Martin looks like a kitchen appliance and the 65 Jaguar, from that photo angle, looks like a spatula.
              IMO, the people that created that list don't know any more about cars than they know about kitchen appliances. Most of those appear to be from a businessman's list, not a car guy's list.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                IMO, the people that created that list don't know any more about cars than they know about kitchen appliances. Most of those appear to be from a businessman's list, not a car guy's list.
                Yep, or James Bond's list. Funny what was in style at one time or another.

And it falls back to what I've believed forever - the power of the pen. Or these days, the power of the QWERTY keyboard. Anybody can post anything. And if it's online in a structured format, it must be true, like, news.

But there's an upside to it all - it's got us talking about it. Maybe that's all that was intended, and that by itself is a good thing.

Like, what's the best beer (presented with great study and authority and a matter-of-fact rating). Go ahead, but the best beer is the one I'm drinking.

Comment

This was picked up from Yahoo, and like I typed in , Whats your picks?
                  About half of those on the list I agree with, and as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really don't think you can go down the list of Hot Rods or muscle cars and pick the top ten either, or ten of a foreign make.
                  What are your top 10 cars or trucks Bangshift Crowd??
                  side note... Brian Lohnes can include snowmobiles, tractors, forklifts ,or any other motorized beauty.lol.

Comment

Brian Lohnes can include snowmobiles, tractors, forklifts ,or any other motorized beauty.lol.

Or tow trucks. You forgot tow trucks. Those are stunningly beautiful and will stand the test of time.

Comment

i like that list cept for the Jag E-type, was never really a fan of those
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

This thread topic has me thinking - "pretty" sure ain't everything. This car went over 200 mph the weekend I had Red at Wilmington. If DF doesn't do a feature story about this car and its owner/driver, then HRM is not in fact a get-dirty magazine.

Name:	Gremmie.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	863796

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                          i like that list cept for the Jag E-type, was never really a fan of those
                          E Type Jag, not a fan of the original, but then they went and made this concept, the 'Growler' and holy crap it's pretty!

sigpic

Comment

This one just sticks in my mind.... how can it not be on the list?

1969 Super Stock Hemi Barracuda

Name:	mycar1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	863797
                            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                              57 chev was the sexiest car in one poll... Yeah I got one too..
                              Any tri 5 is on my list. Then pretty much alot of the 50's and 60's chevvies or GM's
                              Newer cars fall off.. Pretty dramitically after mid 70's
                              Never really was into small cars, no matter who made them...
                              Like quirky Brit cars like Crosley,thames, etc.
                              Enjoy looking at many.
                              One man's taste, another's barf bag...

Comment

Working...
                              X