2012 Dodge Power Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Dodge Power Wagon

So a buddy of mine and I were talking about this new Dodge, he is all hyped up about, while traditionally a Ford guy, he really likes this. Its got 4.56 gears, 33 '' tires and a 12000# winch from the factory.

The one thing I have never gotten, since Dodge has been selling these Power Wagon trucks since 2005 is the lack of an optional diesel engine. The rest of the hardware is bad ass with the electronically disconnectable sway bars, lockers, winch, etc. Why no diesel?
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      The one thing I have never gotten, since Dodge has been selling these Power Wagon trucks since 2005 is the lack of an optional diesel engine. The rest of the hardware is bad ass with the electronically disconnectable sway bars, lockers, winch, etc. Why no diesel?
      Too heavy for offroading?

Comment

I'm with Brian on this one. The US military seems to do OK with off-road Diesels. I LOVE my Cummins.

Dan

Comment

From what I read, weight and the price. I wish It came in a regular cab/short box.
          used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

electronically disconnectable sway bars? really? you're jokin'? no? really.....? ummmmmmmmmm? really?

too many wires in nowadays cars.

i'm feelin' old about now............................................... ..........
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I read a few years back that the intercooler on the diesel goes in the same place as the winch, and since the winch is standard, no cummins.

Comment

diesel stinks

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                  electronically disconnectable sway bars? really? you're jokin'? no? really.....? ummmmmmmmmm? really?
                  It is pretty boss. There's a single button on the dash. Press it and a couple seconds later, you've got a ton more front end flex and capability. I saw this feature in action a couple years ago on a 2009 Power Wagon and I thought it was neato.

This photo is from an older truck, not sure what the switch gear looks like now. If you forget to reconnect with the button, the truck does it automatically over 20mph.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

If you forget to reconnect with the button, the truck does it automatically over 20mph.
                    hmmm.... no sway bars on my old truck, maybe I shouldn't drive it over 20 mph!

The thing I liked about the old power wagons was that they were just a basic truck, the frills on the new ones kind of makes them lame. If you owned an old one.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

they are priced too high to begine with, then add the Cummins...Jeeze, you could buy a house with that kind fo money.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                      X