No announcement yet.

Can we talk televisions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also in the market for a New TV and I purchased an LED Smart TV so that all the kids video's can be seen on the TV from my computer. I also like watching shows like Live from Darrels House which is filmed every month at Darrel Hall's house live and then send to YouTube for viewing. Hall and Oats have always been a favorite of mine for years

His live shows done right at his home are better the concerts I have been to that cost $75.00 bucks a ticket.

And now watching them on a 55" LED is just really cool even all the old racing films look better watching them on a Smart TV.

I purchased my TV as of all places a Sams Club.

I had been looking at all the major stores when I friend stopped over and asked me to take a ride with his to Sams and I started looking at their selection of TV'S which was impressive and with them all lined up I ask my friend which one he thought had the best picture and when he told me it was the same one I had been looking at.

I purchased a Philips TV which I am very happy with. The cost was lower then any other store I checked the prices with.

Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
      I was also in the market for a New TV and I purchased an LED Smart TV so that all the kids video's can be seen on the TV from my computer. I also like watching shows like Live from Darrels House which is filmed every month at Darrel Hall's house live and then send to YouTube for viewing. Hall and Oats have always been a favorite of mine for years

His live shows done right at his home are better the concerts I have been to that cost $75.00 bucks a ticket.

And now watching them on a 55" LED is just really cool even all the old racing films look better watching them on a Smart TV.

I purchased my TV as of all places a Sams Club.

I had been looking at all the major stores when I friend stopped over and asked me to take a ride with his to Sams and I started looking at their selection of TV'S which was impressive and with them all lined up I ask my friend which one he thought had the best picture and when he told me it was the same one I had been looking at.

I purchased a Philips TV which I am very happy with. The cost was lower then any other store I checked the prices with.

Jimbo
      What EXACTLY is a smart TV?
      STUGOTS

Comment

you could be asking that question using your smart TV, if you had one
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

we have a VISIO "smart" TV, means it also has internet access. You can stream music from Pandora (internet music source) get movies from NetFLIX etc. You can get news, go to web sites etc. If you already have good internet access I think it is worthwhile, if you don't I wouldn't spend the $. If you aren't that excited about the internet stuff, still can't go wrong with a good LED TV.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            you could be asking that question using your smart TV, if you had one
            I'd have a "smart" phone, except they're too smart for me (T.O.D. of my thread 7.37 AM Wednesday)
            Last edited by groucho; August 29, 2012, 07:37 AM.
            STUGOTS

Comment

Your question was the following,

It is a TV that can be connected to your home computer with a wireless router so that whatever you see on your computer monitor can also be seen on your TV.

I like it because all of the Utube video's my son sents me of his three boy's either playing baseball or things like birthday parties can be view on a 55" screen instead of my 22" computer monitor.

Also remember there are many old drag racing video's on Utube .

More and more concerts for many of the bands I like are now also being done this same way which means I don't have to leave the comfort of my home and spent $50.00 a ticket to go see a group 50 miles away.

Anything including just thousand of old racing photo's and stuff that we have look so much better on a larger screen.

I believe your computer must be using a dual core processor in order to be able to connect to the TV

The technology today is just far advanced with what you can do compared to an older set.

It's a very similar feeling to sitting at the movies everything just looks so much better on a larger set.

Ever notice how when you go the store to look at TV how they are always mounted up higher in the air?

Then when you purchase it take it home and place on a stand you say it looks smaller.

Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
                Your question was the following,

It is a TV that can be connected to your home computer with a wireless router so that whatever you see on your computer monitor can also be seen on your TV.

I like it because all of the Utube video's my son sents me of his three boy's either playing baseball or things like birthday parties can be view on a 55" screen instead of my 22" computer monitor.

Also remember there are many old drag racing video's on Utube .

More and more concerts for many of the bands I like are now also being done this same way which means I don't have to leave the comfort of my home and spent $50.00 a ticket to go see a group 50 miles away.

Anything including just thousand of old racing photo's and stuff that we have look so much better on a larger screen.

I believe your computer must be using a dual core processor in order to be able to connect to the TV

The technology today is just far advanced with what you can do compared to an older set.

It's a very similar feeling to sitting at the movies everything just looks so much better on a larger set.

Ever notice how when you go the store to look at TV how they are always mounted up higher in the air?

Then when you purchase it take it home and place on a stand you say it looks smaller.

Jimbo
                What do you use for the mouse?
                STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                X