No announcement yet.

Gosh, the Weather Folks Love a Hurricane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always like that the news stations always have some dumb schmuck standing in the wind and rain telling everybody that it is windy and raining.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

ABC has poor Sam Champion (his real name, BTW) standing in the soaking rain in NOLA this morning. He's actually smarter than that but the producers sent him out there and he's a pro and took one for the team - unnecessarily. The Bozos at the top of the heap - the decision makers - seem to think this gets viewers to tune in. If I cared more I'd change the channel.

Dan

Comment

I don't change the channel, I wait with baited (bated? ) breath for a BLOOPER to happen..

Does that make me a bad person?

Comment

In San Diego if a cloud passes by the sun we call it Stormwatch 20 _ _ (fill in the year)
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
            In San Diego if a cloud passes by the sun we call it Stormwatch 20 _ _ (fill in the year)
            Here in the winter they doom and gloom us to death on SNOW STORMS... And it DOESN'T STICK!

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
              How do you know he's not a robot? I think the top of his head is just screwed on.

And he's the highest paid guy on the Channel... and I'm cheap. He goes.
              He made me laugh this morning, at work, out loud. 6:00 a.m., I sit my lunch down and in some way I'm morbidly curious about the hurricane. Did the levies and pumps hold?

I'm not even barely awake, fire up Weather Channel on the work computer, and there he is. Shit and rain blowing by as always behind him in a back alley somewhere and he says, "I'm going to step out into this."

So he did. Big BIG gust. He had to kneel down, talking into the microphone the whole time - "I'm gonna stay right here for this one." Just about blown away. So ....

Cantori is nuts. I mean like the kids who slide skateboards down handrails for fun. Both of those things make just about as much sense to me.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I just checked...it's still raining down there.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                  I just checked...it's still raining down there.
                  Ed, you won't have to wait long to get a camera view of if.

I really really wish I knew why the media makes me so dadgum mad. That's my weakest point, as far as I know. The media just infuriates me when they (try to) cover anything.

It's my own mental problem, I'm sure. I'm sure it's just all me. I just don't see stuff on the screen and buy into it and go with it.

Stude's got his ears up as far as my behavior/thought process is concerned, he's got me nailed - I over-analyze stuff.

I guess nobody else ever does (Over-analyse stuff).
                  Last edited by pdub; August 29, 2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

That's why I don't have network tv...
                    PBS, ION, Local channel that plays Japenese baseball games, local high school football games and the local MMA wannabe's
                    Right now.. Babysitting and watching local news (70 miles away)

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      That's why I don't have network tv...
                      PBS, ION, Local channel that plays Japenese baseball games, local high school football games and the local MMA wannabe's
                      Right now.. Babysitting and watching local news (70 miles away)
                      I will be overly generous to myself and say that I'm overly cynical about the stuff that's fed to us, in particular the WAY it's fed to us. I don't just watch it and buy it. I question it. I may be yet another poor pathetic sheep, but I'm a sheep of a different color. Doesn't get me very far, but...lemme think how I want to finish that declaration.

Comment

I DO have to say, was watching the Chattanooga news Channel 3 tonight, and when it became the weather man's turn, he was talking about the network folks they had already shown videos of, out in the storm.

He said...it was cool....he said, "I know what those folks are trying to do, but that's just not safe. Now, for the local forecast....."

HAH! Way to go dude, way to say it. I'll be he gets fired from the station tomorrow.

Comment

8.39 inches..another two expected.
                          I beg for maine to get something like that.

we get an inch and its a big deal.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                            8.39 inches..another two expected.
                            I beg for maine to get something like that.

we get an inch and its a big deal.
                            Same here..2 is a disaster... 3 is a mess, call the Natl Guard...

Comment

Working...
                            X