You know you're a gearhead when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    My fave was many years ago when Wife II and I were out to dinner at a nice restaurant. Shirt and tie nice. I excused myself to use the restroom and promptly stuck the linen napkin in my back pocket.

Who else has done this?

Dan
    Never ate anywhere that fancy....

Comment

C'mon Bob! You can do the same weirdness at Mickey D's with a paper napkin... The napkin in the back pocket is the point of the story but it was all the more humbling because we were in a nice place. I wonder if it was an anniversary or something (we had 17 of those).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        C'mon Bob! You can do the same weirdness at Mickey D's with a paper napkin... The napkin in the back pocket is the point of the story but it was all the more humbling because we were in a nice place. I wonder if it was an anniversary or something (we had 17 of those).

Dan
        Back pocket gets the paper towels from the can! Yep! Saved my hide a few times and got it tanned when I forgot it before wash day
        When I get take out, be it Mickey D's or Little Ceasars.. I always grab a glob of napkins... Work real good beside my recliner... Or in the shop when needing "throwaway rags"

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
          FYI- Don't copy paste text with quotes (single or double) from MS word to the BangShift forum UI! Dammit
          Is there a way to fix the thread name?
          Fixed
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Thank you Mr. Lohnes!

Comment

I look at a car on Craigslist or ebay and think of the parts I would buy for it before I even bid on it.

Comment

Extremely obvious: ...You remove a perfectly running engine from your car and replace it with another only because it has more horsepower. Non gearheads never seem to understand this.

You find yourself explaining the reasons for changing your from an automatic trans to a stick shift because its more work and more fun to drive. Most of my family questioning why I did this. And, my sanity. B
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

you'd rather wrench on a 20 yr old $500 mustang street machine than drive a perfectly good $100K sports car.
                  ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

PT 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ View Post
                    you'd rather wrench on a 20 yr old $500 mustang street machine than drive a perfectly good $100K sports car.
                    then I'm most certainly not a gearhead - personally, I'm all about driving the car

.... although my ears are still ringing from doing a road test in my Corvette with sidepipes
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

When you've brainwashed your wife to the point where SHE tells YOU about the cool car she saw on the way home from work today.
                      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

When you use one of the new motormounts you bought for the wifes project car as a tire block for the little DW trailer so it won't roll down the driveway.
                        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

You store the parts you're stripping off your current project in the spare bedroom.
                          You look around your apartment and realize that you have more money in tools than in furniture. (Furniture is slightly ahead now but not for long.)
                          You have Chiltons manuals for cars you haven't owned in years, just in case.
                          You know the satisfaction of chasing down some mechanical or electrical gremlin and FINALLY fixing it.
                          Your buddies family/friends/wife come to you for gift ideas and you give them a part number.
                          Last edited by tedly; August 30, 2012, 03:14 AM.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

When youre daughter tells you that she is now wanting to get welding certificates, and youre so proud you tell her that the POS 66 Plymouth taking up space in the driveway is hers if she gets certified.

Proud papa? maybe a little.
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                              When youre daughter tells you that she is now wanting to get welding certificates, and youre so proud you tell her that the POS 66 Plymouth taking up space in the driveway is hers if she gets certified.

Proud papa? maybe a little.
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

You look down at the burger you are eating and see two giant greasy hand prints on it, shrug, and keep eating it. FYI, this happens to me A LOT!

If I had a quarter for all the ATF, engine oil, gear oil, and brake kleen I've eaten I wouldn't need this gig.
                                "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
                                X