No announcement yet.

You know you're a gearhead when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....you have four sets of wheels/tires for your car, but only one pair of shoes to wear
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      As us LSR racers know -
      You say you do Land Speed Racing and the person you're talking to returns a blank stare. Then you usually get a response like, "Oh, what does your car run in the quarter?". Or, "Dale Earnhart was the greatest driver ever". NO CLUE. Every once in a great while someone will light up and say, "I always wanted to go to Bonneville" and then you can have a real conversation. In a way I'm being hard on these folks as they're looking for a way to relate to you, but it's kind of frustrating. One of the excellent things about BS is that everyone knows what LSR IS even if it isn't their kettle of fish (whatever THAT means).

Dan
      How do you think derby is percieved?
      Really... Act like I'm an escapee from the mental hospital..

Manager of the welding supply asked me if I had 2 kids.. I say yup! Boy and girl... He says Bob jr derbys ?
      I say yup..so does my girl.... His face dropped.. Bob jr DERBYS? But he's so mellow!
      I whip out pics of my daughter.. Beautiful lady.. His face drops again! Lol

Comment

I thought you WERE an escapee from a mental hospital (aren't we all?). I'm thinking more folks at least know what Demo Derby is, enough to be appalled by it. LSR is just blank stare territory.

Cool that the kids are having fun with it and spending time with Dad.

Dan

Comment

:
          Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          I thought you WERE an escapee from a mental hospital (aren't we all?). I'm thinking more folks at least know what Demo Derby is, enough to be appalled by it. LSR is just blank stare territory.

Cool that the kids are having fun with it and spending time with Dad.

Dan

Almost...an insitution...

Comment

The only way you know who people are talking about is when someone describes what they drive then you know there whole life's history !

Comment

You can't figure out how in the hell a guy got to be 37 years old and never used a torque wrench.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                .....when you go to the parts store and the guys asks "what car is it for" and you have to check your list to see what car that part actually came on.
                this lol the local napa hates my "97" grand rpix lol
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

You remember events in your life based on what car you were driving at the time, which of course doesnt work so well for people who have only had one or two. Its a gearhead calendar for those of us with more than ten 'unique non-appliance' rides in our past.

Apparently, you are very knowledgeable when you know that the intake gaskets for a 1975 400 Pontiac is very different from the intake gasket for a 1975 400 chevy or that the starters wont interchange on either one.

Comment

....your kid knows the difference between Novas and Chevelles before he knows the difference between cows and horses.

True story, here: my nephew.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                    X