You know you're a gearhead when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you're a gearhead when...

Kinda like "you know you're you’re a redneck when…" but way better.
    We all do comical things in daily life, as a gear-head/petrol-head, that normal folks don’t do.
    There has got to be some comedy, or at least something interesting in some of this stuff we can all enjoy.

I’ll start.

…You name engineering Linux servers after cars. We set up a set of new Linux servers last year, rule for naming convention was 6-character server names, bonus points for clever logical connections.
    My new servers are camaro, cougar (muscle cluster), belair, impala, zephyr, spirit

…You teach your 5-year old son the difference between a sports car, hot rod, muscle car, and a custom, then later that day debate which classification a certain hot wheels car falls into.

NEXT!
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; August 29, 2012, 06:10 PM.

FYI- Don't copy paste text with quotes (single or double) from MS word to the BangShift forum UI! Dammit
    Is there a way to fix the thread name?
    Last edited by mike343sharpstick; August 29, 2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
      FYI- Don't copy paste text with quotes (single or double) from MS word to the BangShift forum UI! Dammit
      Nope, you're doomed Mike. Only an admin can change a thread name. What's wrong with it anyhow?
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

...When you try to "cut a light" at a stop light.

...When sitting in traffic you look for Drag Racing classes in the surrounding liscense plates. Check it out an AFD and look over there is a ASA!

I've got issues.

Time Wasters...
        http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
        http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

When your wife talks about her flower garden, your eyes slam shut, but when your son shows with his new part or tool, you can't stop giggling like a school girl...

Comment

when you get talking like old guys with your trucking dad about a 290hp and a hill on 495 thirty years ago, comparing it to the twin turbo 550 cat of today...

or the stange new microbes in the fuel that never much happened either..
            north pole melting into a war or what?
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

When the best time of day is 4:27, 4:28, 4:29, 4:30 and of course 4:55.

When you can identify a car in a backyard under 20 years of overgrowth by simply seeing a roofline, piece of trim or head/tail light while driving past over 40mph.

Comment

Having bad allergies and sneezing a giant noze gobblin right into your hand as a contractor comes in to meet you and tries to shake your hand....
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                  Having bad allergies and sneezing a giant noze gobblin right into your hand as a contractor comes in to meet you and tries to shake your hand....
                  yuck dude
                  Charles

Comment

You know you're a gearhead...when you rather smell gear oil than potpouri
                    Last edited by Deaf Bob; August 29, 2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

...when you smell burning rubber, you rubberneck to see who painted the pavement

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick View Post
                        Was suppose to be, YOU KNOW YOU'RE A GEAR HEAD WHEN... But it looks like it's catching on with only half the name

Comment

when you think all cars suck and become a watch mechanic because nothing in cars is precise enough..

I just watched a vid, both were gearheads..one went to watches after an injury.

you know you are a gearhead..if it has got gears and you need to see them.

I like this vid, in my family hunt for history, there was a clock man with my surname at a time when brains were plagued all around...
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 29, 2012, 03:57 PM.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My fave was many years ago when Wife II and I were out to dinner at a nice restaurant. Shirt and tie nice. I excused myself to use the restroom and promptly stuck the linen napkin in my back pocket.

Who else has done this?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
                              ...When you try to "cut a light" at a stop light.

...When sitting in traffic you look for Drag Racing classes in the surrounding liscense plates. Check it out an AFD and look over there is a ASA!

I've got issues.

note to self, never car pool with grippo
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                              X