Supporting the Sponsors - American Powertrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supporting the Sponsors - American Powertrain

I just got off the phone with Paul Unterstein at American Powertrain and ordered a new transmission crossmember for my Skylark.

The cool part is that as most know the late-70's X-bodies aren't well established in catalogs and no one knows what will or won't fit. So I gave Paul some measurements and what I thought might work and I think we got a winner for fit so I ordered it

One TKO-600 transmission crossmember is on it's way! Not sure if it'll get here in time for me to install it before Drag Week, but it's expected to arrive on Thursday (dang Labor Day...), and if it does I could probably install it Thursday night. This aluminum one will be a nice weight break from the all solid 1/4" steel one that is in the car now that looks uglier than sin.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Cant wait for APs Coronet convertible to hit the streets...
    BKB
    Last edited by BKBridges; August 30, 2012, 10:28 AM.
    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
    Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Shiny on top and it looks good - (by the way did the girl at work paint it?) and new stuff on the bottom - and your favorite vacation coming up fast. Life's good eh ? Safe travels too by the way.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks Yup, she did.

Comment

Good to hear - I've been thinking about calling them for upgrading the 3550 to TKO 600 whatever to deal with a big block.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Randal - Do I know this painter?

Dan

Comment

No you do not.

Comment

Either way, it looks great.

Dan

Comment

Thursday night huh? You mean I may have to earn my keep?

Comment

Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
                    Cant wait for APs Coronet convertible to hit the streets...
                    BKB
                    I have been looking at the website for a year, looking in Mopar Magazine and waiting for an update on the website. (Don't get Facebook) Like you, can't wait either. The blue sure looks better than the yellow it was.

I have purchased 3 TKO 600's from AP and am very pleased with the staff and service. After living with two of them of several years now, I would purchase the new 6 speed, because of the fifth gear ratio. For me, that would work better the outskirts of town, than the 1 to 1 ratio of 4th gear, in the TKO 600.

Then there would be a 6th gear for the Power Tour !

Good luck Silver Buick, you will love it !

Ridin in the Big gear DTB
                    DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by Racingcritters View Post
                      Thursday night huh? You mean I may have to earn my keep?
                      Ha! I could probably knock it out in 20 minutes if I rush. I may have to oblong the bolt holes in the frame a hair, as I measured 32.25" and the one I'm getting is 32", but my measurements could easily be off a 1/4" as the exhaust got in the way of a good straight measurement. It'd only be an 1/8" per side at worse, nothing drastic.

Comment

Working...
                      X