Selling cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling cars?

Just trying to get ideas on areas to sell a few cars. I am looking at selling my 69 Camaro and a friends 40 Ford Coupe and 56 210 Custom. I tried eBay and craigslist with no luck. Any ideas? Would appreciate any help provided!

No takers? Prices too high? It's not 2006 anymore and you will not get those prices. I've had cars at the biggest swap meet in Cali, Pomona, I have found you will get a thousand tire kickers to find one serious buyers. It is part of today's economy. People just aren't throwing cash at car sellers right now.

I ended selling my 73 Monte Carlo to a friend of a friend. I felt lucky that I got the price I did.

Good luck.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Yeah......what Scott said.
      My buddy has been trying to sell his '41 Willys all year......not much action.

He did get numerous responses on Racing Junk but most all wanted to trade.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Tell us more about the 69 Camaro or list it in the "Swap Meet" section?
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

put it up for sale in the TORONTO and KINGSTON KIJIJI.....

just an idea...

alan
          "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

You might try using a site/forum that's geared towards each particular car. 99% are free, some may have a certain # of posts before you can advertise. For the Camaro, I would try TeamCamaro, Protouring.com, LateralG.net or some of the other 1st gen Camaro sites. For the 56 210 maybe some of the tri-5 sites. For the 40 model maybe the HAMB. Scott is right, not much loose money but the more places that you have it advertised-the larger audience you'll have. Showing it on a site slanted towrds the car gets you people who like those cars and go there when they look to buy one. Most on those type site are more knowledgeable about prices and what trouble areas are in each model. Just do your homework on the prices.

Comment

Thanks for all of your help. I will keep on checking some different sites.
              Grumpy, I haven't really used this site all this much. What is the swap meet section? I am looking to sell it but, like Scott said, I might be asking to much. I think it is worth it but, I don't know if anyone else thinks the same way. If I don't sell it, I really won't be sad. I took it on the power tour and really enjoyed it and it is my dream car. I would like my friends 40 Ford but, I am not just going to take a really low price on my 69.

Thanks again to everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X