X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Javelin Batman!

Here ya go Eagle.........

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

That gave me a good chuckle!
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Current bid is 700. If we can raise 800 from everybody here, we could get it, and then we could...

No, never mind.
      Last edited by pdub; August 31, 2012, 03:00 AM.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

9,845 miles 72 Jav with a 301 6 cylinder is pretty rare. Add the Batshit Bat Kit and it's really rare.

160mph speedo? We could get dimensions on where the sheet metal is underneath all that crap and gently remove all that fiberglass with a hammer? 700.00 seems cheap if that is a for real 10k miles.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          9,845 miles 72 Jav with a 301 6 cylinder is pretty rare. Add the Batshit Bat Kit and it's really rare.
          HHAhHAHAhahahAHHHAH!!!!!!!!!!

Either of five ways, somebody's lying. Hell, let's buy the car and put it on display somewhere, just so we can make fun of it. It'll be great!
          Last edited by pdub; August 31, 2012, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I smell a low-buck Bonneville special...
            "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

Let's buy it and see what it'll do. The price of the trip will exceed the price of the car by 20X.

Comment

Eeee Gads! .... That thing is about 20 minutes from me ..... I may have to go look at it just to say I did!
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                  Eeee Gads! .... That thing is about 20 minutes from me ..... I may have to go look at it just to say I did!
                  I'm in for next year at Bonneville if this happens. It'll be a great adventure. The great BangShift Batman Car Speed Run.

Wait, why can't we run it at Ohio? (Selfish question, closer to home)

Comment

Need to get Bruab and Chadwick on board .... a new forum project car

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                      Need to get Bruab and Chadwick on board .... a new forum project car

HAHAHHAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely. DF might even want to make a Roadkill show out of that one. Then we won't have to pay anything for it ourselves.

Comment

If that was within striking distance of me, I'd have it in the drive in a flash.

Seriously! That bat-crap can't be that hard to knock off, and its doubtful it ever got driven enough to get real rusty underneath. I've always had a thing for the Javelins with the fender bumps.

Is the title clear and can we get it semi-close to Ohio?
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

This is getting comically serious. I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                            If that was within striking distance of me, I'd have it in the drive in a flash.

Seriously! That bat-crap can't be that hard to knock off, and its doubtful it ever got driven enough to get real rusty underneath. I've always had a thing for the Javelins with the fender bumps.

Is the title clear and can we get it semi-close to Ohio?
                            I'm here for you brother .... gonna take a drive in the mountains anyway this weekend ......

Comment

if the conversion was really done in '73 it would likely have been done with the crappy polyester resin they used exclusively back then which means - beneath all those cracks in the resin / putty - there's steel just a few minutes with a grinder away.

With a sawzall, grinder, and a day - hopefully on video - this thing could be back down to the steel that it was made with. The front end might be the hardest to piece back together. Impossible to see how much metal modification was done before the 'glass work started.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X