Ear Worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ear Worms

They're tunes that you can't get out of your head, it's maddening.

Fortunately for me, there's a different one every day, never the same one every time. It happens as soon as I put one foot on the floor in the morning. It might be the theme from the Brady Bunch, it might be a Randy Newman song about a river burning, there's no telling. I never know what it'll be, it's random.

So Unit asks me, "I need your help. What's the jingle about hot dogs? I can't get it out of my head."

Instantly, that was easy - Armour Hot Dogs. I grew up with that.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I always heard them called Earwigs , but yeah, the song of the day. I wake up with the song of the day. Sometimes I have to immediately turn on noise to get them out of my head. Try running your day with this morning's song of the day.

I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner. We didn't eat Armour hot dogs. haha. I really hate it when the SOTD is a commercial. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem pdub. Thanks for sharing.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Me too. On a good day it'll be - say - Piece Of My Heart by Janice. On a bad day, "Yummy Yummy Yummy I Got Love In My Tummy" by the 1910 Fruit Gum Company (hence, "bubble gum" music - betcha didn't know THAT!).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Me too. On a good day it'll be - say - Piece Of My Heart by Janice. On a bad day, "Yummy Yummy Yummy I Got Love In My Tummy" by the 1910 Fruit Gum Company (hence, "bubble gum" music - betcha didn't know THAT!).

Dan
        Oh NO. ....and sometimes it takes a trigger to start one going. Dadgummit Dan. Doggone ya. Yummy yummy yummy oh shit.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
          Oh NO. ....and sometimes it takes a trigger to start one going. Dadgummit Dan. Doggone ya. Yummy yummy yummy oh shit.
          Here you go pdud, with lyrics.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
            Here you go pdud, with lyrics.
            You're the other brother I didn't have, Matt. Always there to pitch in and help, no matter what!

Comment

thanks a-holes.

Comment

Hell! Consider yourselves LUCKY it is structured jingles!
                I listen to chirping.or fog horns...
                Right now it's fast chirping with a howl....
                Yeah I rubberneck to see where it's from... Kinda hard to look in one's own ears....

Comment

At least that fixed Yummy yummy yummy, thanks Beags!

Here's one to derail the program again:

Comment

Following along in the short/small theme, I give you this.
                    Last edited by Pumpkin; September 2, 2012, 10:47 AM.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Matt, that's nearly bizarre but yeah, it's got magnets. That could be troublesome in the coming days.

Comment

Deaf Bob - If you ever need a gig you could work for Disney at the "Small World" ride. I understand sane, hearing people last about 30 minutes before running screaming from the park. They don't even stop for their pay (maybe a clever money-saving strategy?). The CIA was using it for interrogation purposes (chain the spy to the ride and make him/her work there for a day) but the UN declared it a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dan

Comment

Oh thanks for that Dan! Now I have Nancy Sinatra stuck in my head from the Janet Reno Waco Branch Davidian BBQ Special.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            Deaf Bob - If you ever need a gig you could work for Disney at the "Small World" ride. I understand sane, hearing people last about 30 minutes before running screaming from the park. They don't even stop for their pay (maybe a clever money-saving strategy?). The CIA was using it for interrogation purposes (chain the spy to the ride and make him/her work there for a day) but the UN declared it a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dan
                            Lol! I HATE crowds...bitch the whole time getting into the fair grounds! ...once I'm in the "pits" I'm fine...

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              Oh thanks for that Dan! Now I have Nancy Sinatra stuck in my head from the Janet Reno Waco Branch Davidian BBQ Special.

Myyyy oots r're made ferr alkinnnnng..??....

Comment

Working...
                              X