Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Square" credit card reader... anyone use this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Square" credit card reader... anyone use this??

just curious if anyone here has or has had one of these devices.
    thanks for your input!!
    Charles

no, but if you send me your credit card, I'll beta test it for you.

badump-chink... I'll be here all week. Sorry man, I'm better at spending money than taking it in. To the top for ya.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

My wife uses one for her business. It works just fine and is a very easy way to become capable of taking credit card payments.
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        no, but if you send me your credit card, I'll beta test it for you.

badump-chink... I'll be here all week. Sorry man, I'm better at spending money than taking it in. To the top for ya.
        Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer View Post
          My wife uses one for her business. It works just fine and is a very easy way to become capable of taking credit card payments.
          thank you... I started reading a couple of negative reviews and started talking myself out of it. tire store has been open almost a year, and it is time to take credit cards....
          Charles

Comment

The barber shop I go to just changed hands, now all the folks cutting hair are like independant contractors - the lady who cut my hair last week has one - about an inch square - that plugged into the headphone jack on her phone - she was having some issues with it - but was still able to process the charge by typing in the number on her phone - I was a bit concerned with the privacy of it (felt dumb for no having the cash on hand in the first place) but it's no different than handing your card to a waiter in a restaurant.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

the privacy thing crossed my mind too. i am a one man shop, so I will be the only one handling the cards. I do think if i go with it, i will set up a bank account just for the card reader to go to, just for my own piece of mind.
              Charles

Comment

That is a very wise decision - I think it's best to compartmentalize (all with the same bank) as much as you can, makes things easier to track.

Heck, my wife and I have seperate accounts and pay different bills, just easier to "divide and conquer" Good luck with it - I would think your sales would improve if Visa is an option.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I have been excepting credit cards with the Square credit card reader for the past six months or so.

The system works perfectly and I find they don't hold the money as long as Pay Pal does either.

If you make a sell to day the money goes into my back account within one day.

The big advantage for many business is there is no monthly fee or charge for having it. You only pay when you use it and their charges are inline with Pay Pal and other credit card companines.

Pay Pal wanted a flat $30.00 @ month just for the right to use their card and that's why I never took it.

One problem with Square right now is it can only be used within the USA.

I have customers from Sweden and Australia who would love to use but they are not set up yet to except any payments outside the USA

For me it works every time perfectly and I would recommend to anyone who needs to except credit cards.

They will sent you the card reader and a connection for your druid phone so no matter where I am at a car show or a swap meet when someone wants to buy some decals I am ready to take their order.

Hope that helps Jimbo

Comment

thats the next step i have to take, I currently have a blackberry.... but i am shopping for an android phone. side note- F verizon and the new 2gb shared plan. hello used cell phone market, i will keep my unlimited, thanks.

Thanks for the input guys!
                    Last edited by 1badmonkey; September 4, 2012, 11:43 AM.
                    Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                      thats the next step i have to take, I currently have a blackberry.... but i am shopping for an android phone. side note- F verizon and the new 2gb shared plan. hello used cell phone market, i will keep my unlimited, thanks.

Thanks for the input guys!
                      good input - except, the word you're looking for is "accept"...
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

i agree, except i wanted to graciously accept his post, since he took the time to reply.
                        Last edited by 1badmonkey; September 4, 2012, 02:11 PM.
                        Charles

Comment

Heck, I've been wondering where I can get one of those druid phones....
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                          X