Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They were just out for a nice lake cruise when ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They were just out for a nice lake cruise when ..

Here is a gif of the action in short form

sigpic

Someone dang near lost their sunglasses! I think my favorite still from the gif is where the wave envelops the blondes head.

Comment

I've seen that happen while on the Colorado River. Stupidity at its pinnacle. A novice f'n around with more power and speed than he's capable of handling...same crap that can happen on the street. Some think it's funny...until it's their daughter who gets killed. What a freakin' jackass. Ought to have his balls cut off.
      Last edited by jcharliem; September 4, 2012, 05:13 PM.
      Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

I thought for sure boobs were coming out.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Boats can kill you in a hurry.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Only boob I seen was the pilot
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
              Only boob I seen was the pilot
              Pilot? That's a f'n jackass!
              Last edited by jcharliem; September 4, 2012, 05:29 PM.
              Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

its like a bad car wreck, i cant stop staring at it
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

thats scary stuff!!! the boat always stops quicker than the bodys in it, its a real bad feeling! I lost control of a boat about 12 years ago.... it wasnt pretty
                  COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Is that the Poker Run on Lake of the Ozarks?

If so, it's a dangerous run to have girlies on board doing 90 mph. Also, that lake created by damming up a creek. It flooded a valley full of trees. Every now and again one of those old trees uproots from the bottom and floats to the surface. Usually at the very wrong time.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                      Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                      Boats can kill you in a hurry.

After quickreading the posts above... Was I the only one thinking Bri wrote "Boobs can kill you in a hurry."...?
                      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        Is that the Poker Run on Lake of the Ozarks?

If so, it's a dangerous run to have girlies on board doing 90 mph. Also, that lake created by damming up a creek. It flooded a valley full of trees. Every now and again one of those old trees uproots from the bottom and floats to the surface. Usually at the very wrong time.

It wasn't the poker run but yes, that's Lake of the Ozarks.

I've been there a number of times, Party Cove, blah blah. To me it's a shitty mud hole shallow lake with 8000 guys trying to compensate for shortcomings.

By far the better choice in Missouri lakes is Table Rock lake, a few hours south near the Arkansas & Missouri state lines. It's bigger, deeper, clearer, still a great place to party but a lot less crowded.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

One wonders where your mind is at after watching that, BBM

I think that "driver" took the hardest hit there, deserved. What a moron.

I guess it was fifteen years ago now, we bought a 18" IB/OB boat and were going out pretty regularly, often with our next-door neighbors with theirs. I learned at-least two important lessons:

1. If you don't have a lot of powerboat experience and don't have a competent teacher to show you, read all the literature and start with a sailboat. It worked for me. You'll learn how to read the water, how to deal with wakes and other "terrain" anomolies, what happens when you fall off/tip the boat over/get swamped/get drunk...all at ten knots. More importantly you'll learn how to deal with the stunning and dangerous on-the-water behavior of many powerboat operators.

2. Once you've moved over to powerboats ("up" is not the word), the next thing you'll learn is, more about how to deal with the stunning and dangerous on-the-water behaviour of many other powerboat operators. Their rule is: If I have a boat, that must mean I know how to operate one. It's not a good rule.

I myself put my own boat in the hands of an old friend who had been telling me for years that he knew how to drive, so that I could take a turn at inner-tubing off the back. The dude must've thought 45mph was where to tow a tube at (in rough water with the wind coming up), did not respond to hand signals, then there was this huge wake from some very large boat coming at us and he ran full-speed right f'n into it so that water went up into the sky like some kind of geyser show. Going over the back side of it, I seriously expected to see just pieces bobbing in the water along with a handful of heads. It didn't break but soon smoke started coming out of the back...still no response to hand signals, even really desparate ones. When he finally (eventually) realized that his ride was ON FIRE he cut the throttle so suddenly it resulted in me being launched over the front of the tube and into the water while he coasted on. NO red flag came up for me, NO fire extinguisher came out for the boat. Another boat then came flying along to help...directly AT me. I do believe that in an adrenaline-rushed panic I was actually able to crawl about four feet out of the water to make myself visible. That boat stopped and got me, we ran over to mine where I boarded and got the F'N EXTINGUISER and started tearing stuff up to find the fire, while four other passengers stood around and mumbled like some kind of stoned highway workers. It was the battery, the boat had hit the wave so hard the battery was knocked out of it's mount and was shorting out against something full-amp to the point where it was actually burning down. The copper cables were melting-hot so I reached for a pair of channelocks and pulled them away and that stopped the fire.

Of course we had to be towed in. Those guys in the othe boat were life savers, literally...at any rate that was the end of our day right there and I was just grateful that I still had something to float in on.

The idiot who was driving mine, fifteen years later, still thinks it was all the boat's fault and makes jokes about it. Groan.

Anyhow, that it one of perhaps a half-dozen stories I have from those powerboat years but it's probably the best and involves of-course my own judgement. Don't ever leave a guy alone at your boat just because he says he's got lots of experience and knows what he's doing, like the gov. keeps touting, "it's your boat, it's your responsibility".

Comment

[QUOTE=Loren;677921]One wonders where your mind is at after watching that, BBM

What is BBM?
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Big-Block Mopar, the guy who was watching people get thrashed around in a boat interior and was just thinking about the girls in bikinis...

Comment

Working...
                              X