Billy Gibbons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Gibbons

I've talked to him a few times, and he's really cool and down to earth. BUT, I saw him on TMZ right now and I want to know just how freakin long is he gonna wear the "worm" hat? Dis...GUSTING. I know he traded hats a bazillion yrs ago with the King of Idontgiveashit........
    So, when, if anyone here knows...when will he take that dirty looking piece of shit off his head?
    Last edited by groucho; September 4, 2012, 06:08 PM.
    STUGOTS

Originally posted by groucho View Post
    I've talked to him a few times, and he's really cool and down to earth. BUT, I saw him on TMZ right now and I want to know just how freakin long is he gonna wear the "worm" hat? Dis...GUSTING. I know he traded hats a bazillion yrs ago with the King of Idontgiveashit........
    So, when, if anyone here knows...when will he take that dirty looking piece of shit off his head?
    Anybody who can play like that and make that much money doing it....I wouldn't care what was on my head really. Like Johnny Cash, singing off key all the way to the bank, as my daddy used to say. Or Billy Gibbons wearing a piece of shit on his head. Or the Michael Jackson freak show. Or Willie Nelson, the cash flow makes no sense and I guess it shouldn't make any sense, because it doesn't.

From all I ever followed ZZ TOPP, I thought it was amazing the most - the guy without a beard whose last name was Beard. Don't know what they wear now though.

EDIT: Gibbons can PLAY, a sound that made their whole thing. I mean it doesn't matter what he wears on his head. Over and out, I'll cause more trouble here tomorrow.
    Last edited by pdub; September 4, 2012, 06:28 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

18 years by my count on that noggin
      first seen in gearhead magazine 1994

Comment

terry cook asked the price to play lead east
        in 1987 1 night with zz top was 300k

Comment

Time for the boys to hang up the spikes. They were great in their day. Saw them about two years ago when they opened for Petty. Their time has passed. Unfortunatley...as with many atheletes, they've hung on passed their prime. "Go out on top!"
          Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Gibbons can PLAY, a sound that made their whole thing.
            No shit.
            The guy is Senor Tone, and has some serious chops.
            He's still the King of the Texas Six String Slingers if you ask me.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
              I was thinking the same thing. But, I did see him recently sporting a black beenie stocking hat. But, you old farts get stuck in ruts all the time.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

they still play gut blues fairly awesome
                maybe the arena show sucks ,,saw them both ways

Comment

with his money he could pop for a bitchin' hat...that thing he wears all the time looks like a pinecone or a pile of shit with pasta in it.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    with his money he could pop for a bitchin' hat...that thing he wears all the time looks like a pinecone or a pile of shit with pasta in it.
                    ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha
                    STUGOTS

Comment

The hat I hate. The music I like. As for quitting on top. Remember, its their job. If it pays and you still like doing it, why not.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

only been touring for45 years

tom petty ? blechhhhhhhh

Comment

ZZ is coming out with a new album, been i nwork for 4 years. I like the new stuff to because they just dont toss shit out for the sake of tossing shit out...they take their tiem and refine..
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Petty puts on a kick ass show. ZZ Top does OK. Seen them both twice.

And I am sure Gibbons would tell anyone who calls him the "king of *whatever guitar terminology*" that they should really do a little more listening as there are guitarists in the Red Dirt scene down there that can play circles around him.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

And I am sure Gibbons would tell anyone who calls him the "king of *whatever guitar terminology*" that they should really do a little more listening as there are guitarists in the Red Dirt scene down there that can play circles around him.

But he was doing it when they were in diapers.
                              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
                              X