gas pedal instead of brake..woops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas pedal instead of brake..woops.

I know this is not funny. I drive a version 20 years older..my feet are as if to be sasquatch.

car crashes into home.

I remember once at an inspection station.. it was mentioned "this pedal is soft" . I had to explain myself about the midget car. halfway down is all four brakes..any higher, no good.

I still have shoes tight to the sides of my feet just to drive. no snow boots, or heck work boots is a nuisance.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

I was in a Wendy's parking lot once and seen a lady pull nice and slow into a parking spot. Then the car spun the tires and jumped over the curb into a tree. I guess it happens.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I can't figure that photo out. The car is like, in a cozy little corner of the house, and the steps are against the nose of the car.....
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Evidently this happens more than one might imagine. The daughter of our friends and her room mate came back to her apartment in Gainesville, FL (she's a student there) to find a girl from a neighboring apartment had parked her car in their living room. Same song and dance.

My opinion is that anyone who makes this claim has instantly removed him/her self from the driving gene pool. Further screw-ups of this type should mark the offender for removal from the bigger gene pool.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

My opinion is that anyone who makes this claim has instantly removed him/her self from the driving gene pool. Further screw-ups of this type should mark the offender for removal from the bigger gene pool.

Dan
          Lots of them eventually do, Dan (remove THEMSELVES from the bigger gene pool). Just watch the videos of the young jocks sliding skateboards down a handrail, only to bust their crotch halfway down.

There. Not dead, but thankfully removed from the gene pool.
          Last edited by pdub; September 6, 2012, 02:36 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
            Evidently this happens more than one might imagine. The daughter of our friends and her room mate came back to her apartment in Gainesville, FL (she's a student there) to find a girl from a neighboring apartment had parked her car in their living room. Same song and dance.

Dan
            I identified as subaru being a culprit.
            My foot is simply normally a size 9, or ten whoever made the shoe. I remember hating my little car working carpentry, had to have my boots.

I wonder if they evolve completely for each new version coming out. Even the br-z has no room for a rear seat feet..how is that even legal. I mean..no room. not tight fit. No room.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

If you have every raced in karts you use both feet all the time because of the steering shaft being in the way.

That is the way I have driven all of my cars and trucks for the past 35 years.

I find it a very easy and it just seems to work better for me.

I know others do everything with their right foot but I really find that a much harder way to drive.

Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
                If you have every raced in karts you use both feet all the time because of the steering shaft being in the way.

That is the way I have driven all of my cars and trucks for the past 35 years.

I find it a very easy and it just seems to work better for me.

I know others do everything with their right foot but I really find that a much harder way to drive.

Jimbo

Ever think, your brake light might be on all the time?

Comment

I was in a bar during college getting stewed and a girl drove her car into the front of it. In the face of such things as the building potentially falling on us, we all stood up and applauded in unison before slugging down what was in our glass, hauling ass to the parking lot and going home. We didn't feel bad about not paying the tab because (a) no one else did either and (b) we were there like 4 nights a week, so we were due a kick back.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Ever think, your brake light might be on all the time?
                    I've seen some of those..........

I'm a two-footer too when I'm driving an automatic. And, as with a clutch, I don't ride the left hand pedal. I keep that foot on the floor until I need to brake..
                    Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 6, 2012, 06:39 PM.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

yet another reason to federally mandate Bangshifting.

You cant F-up which pedal is which if there are three of them, and the left one has to get pushed every time you stop.
                      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
                        yet another reason to federally mandate Bangshifting.

You cant F-up which pedal is which if there are three of them, and the left one has to get pushed every time you stop.
                        Ding ding... Now the smartest thing I ever read on this wonderful site! Thanks Tony!

Comment

A 100 year old man mowed down a side walk full of kids at a school last week. A couple years ago, old lady in her 80's, drove through a Sylvan Learning Center and out the other side. Five years ago an 88 y/o man mowed through a farmer's market. He was charged with vehicular manslaughter.

What did they all have in common? None could get their foot off the gas. Brain said hit brake, leg did not respond. I'm sorry, but if you don't have the motor skills to stand up and walk 100ft without a walker; you don't have the motor skills to operate a car. Muscular control is necessary even when driving 25 mph.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

the tiny spaced pedal really does exist for just a few.
                            I bent my own ricer stuff by hand ( a monojet has a long throttle, and I needed room too)

like alot of things.. maybe too many years in automatics catches up.

I was just thinking, 5 million miles as a trucker.. that must be billions of times on the pedals. That is moving feet while sleeping..that is a subconcscious level unknown to man.

I doubt that old guy is going to press the wrong pedal.
                            Previously boxer3main

Comment

I saw a woman do the same at a local store. She hit the gas, jumped over the curb and grass island about four feet wide into the opposing parking spot. Lucky there wasn't another car.
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X