X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    Nobody says you weren't GOING 80....

Dan
    Depends on where you do it I reckon. Back in the day Richard Petty said something like, "Going 170 at Daytona is like going 80 on the interstate, nothing to it. But going 170 at Charlotte is like going 80 through town - now THAT'S moving!" Or something like that.

Well, I don't know what that has to do with anything here. Carry on.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

5 bux to drive 90mph for 40 miles, yea I'll be doing that soon, need to stretch the legs in the new mustang, been in the house hold for over 2 months now and just went over 800 miles on the odometer going to the dirt track last week
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I found out the 98 Formula gets best mileage doing 78-81 mph. It drops off a bit after 85, but not sure how much. Its rare I drive that fast. Its just covering more ground for not very many more revolutions per mile. 75mph is about 1800rpm, 80mph is 2000 in that car. The Gran Prix with the 3800 in it does best between 65 and 70. Smaller engine, a bit more RPM and slightly worse aero make the difference. It does about the same as the LS1 around here with mixed city/highway driving all under 65mph.

I like the higher speed limits. On I-80 I regularly drive 80mph, just set the cruise and go. Its very nice compared to when I was a teenager and the limit was 55. In the wide open states and areas why not? As long as you drive safely, not swerving around or being an idiot, while watching out for idiots, you get there sooner, and I burn less fuel. It took FOREVER to get anywhere in Nebraska before they upped the limit.

Comment

No shit! Nebraska was bad... Got a pic of the speedo at 100 while the wife dozed...

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
            I found out the 98 Formula gets best mileage doing 78-81 mph. It drops off a bit after 85, but not sure how much. Its rare I drive that fast. Its just covering more ground for not very many more revolutions per mile. 75mph is about 1800rpm, 80mph is 2000 in that car. The Gran Prix with the 3800 in it does best between 65 and 70. Smaller engine, a bit more RPM and slightly worse aero make the difference. It does about the same as the LS1 around here with mixed city/highway driving all under 65mph.

I like the higher speed limits. On I-80 I regularly drive 80mph, just set the cruise and go. Its very nice compared to when I was a teenager and the limit was 55. In the wide open states and areas why not? As long as you drive safely, not swerving around or being an idiot, while watching out for idiots, you get there sooner, and I burn less fuel. It took FOREVER to get anywhere in Nebraska before they upped the limit.
            I remember on Husker game days the Nebraska Staties would put a guy on an overpass with a radar gun and a radio. On the other side were a couple dozen guys in cars ready to make chase.

I'm not going to preach as I am still known for getting nailed in driver's ed doing 87 mph in a 55 by one of those souped up supercharged Mustang State Police cars.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X