• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. - those little red gas cans

A couple of dumbasses ruined it all for the rest of us

the company getting screwed over

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Although not metal, they are good little gas cans, keep them out of the sun and they last a long time.
    Try these if you cant find the Blitz
    Uline stocks a wide selection of Gas Cans. Order by 6 p.m. for same day shipping. Huge Catalog! Over 42,000 products in stock. 13 Locations across USA, Canada and Mexico for fast delivery of Gas Cans.

and really check out this demo by no spill Jill
    The easiest gas can to use on the market with a press and pour button and Auto-Stop™ nozzle

Comment

Am I so stupid, I need to remove a cap, flip a switch and hold down a lever to pour gas which I gave been pouring for 45 years?
      What is wrong with a simple vent and cap?
      Why can't simple spigots be avaiable?

Comment

This story illustrates why the general public now regards lawyers as a lower form of life than used car salesmen.
        And since Congress is mostly lawyers, that explains why their approval rate is at 15%.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

frivolous cannot just happen. I wonder what is really behind it.

I still wonder how petroleum can seal petroleum with no byproduct.

I like hdpe as a gasket..chemists are pushing boundaries otherwise. I hope "they" at least speak what the real matter is.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The guy in Amarillo treed you on this topic

read here

The strip had a nice race/show. Western Fuel Altered's Nitro cars / Alky cars plus a nice sized show. The pics are not great due to the suns position and my
            sigpic

Comment

A co worker of mine years ago who was from NJ had moved to CA after HS. He told me there was a joke in CA and it was this. Why does NJ lead the nation in toxic waste sites while CA leads the nation in lawyers per capita. The answer was NJ had first pick.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

"This is the fault of lawyers who make stupid laws, and who then make money from lawsuits that resulted from their stupid laws." - STUDEMAX

No busines survives without repeat business.
                That's why legislators write more legislation. more money into the legal system.

edited for the sake of harmony.
                Last edited by oldsman496; September 9, 2012, 07:54 AM.
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I am quite sure China will reap the benefit of a new opportunity in the plastic gas-can market. Friggin' awesome.
                  Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Yap can't sue China.....

And they had me feeling sorry for them until they had to throw Politics in at the end....... Politics has nothing to do with this, it's all the fault of Greedy People and Greedy Lawyers........ You should be pissed that the Civil Courts allowed these cases to even be tried...... At one point in time, we need to start holding people accountable for their stupidity and stop trying to make life full of bubble wrap, that becomes the responsibility of the manufacturer......

If I remember right, it says right on the GAS CAN, KEEP AWAY FROM FIRE!!!!.........
                    Last edited by TC; September 9, 2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

it does molded into the plastic as i am looking at one now
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

x2

Comment

ahhh.... molded in warning label.

the freakin' lawyers will get even more money now with a counter-suit.

Won't put those folks back to work though.
                          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                            Yap can't sue China.....

And they had me feeling sorry for them until they had to throw Politics in at the end....... Politics has nothing to do with this, it's all the fault of Greedy People and Greedy Lawyers........ You should be pissed that the Civil Courts allowed these cases to even be tried...... At one point in time, we need to start holding people accountable for their stupidity and stop trying to make life full of bubble wrap, that becomes the responsibility of the manufacturer......

If I remember right, it says right on the GAS CAN, KEEP AWAY FROM FIRE!!!!.........
                            Pretty soon the warning will have to read in 4 languages.
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Really... Whom amongst us reads instructions and warnings?
                              Untill all else fails, that is...
                              Do I really need 50 blade guards on my new chop saw?
                              My old Craftsman radial arm saw took a shit.. Got alot of sawing to do..so I bought a Harbor Freight chop saw.. Golllleeey! Man!
                              I admit the exposed blade (well bottom half) has made me wary... But the safety crap on the chop saw... Really? Are we as people THAT stupid? ... Common sense dictates to heep your hands away from spinning blades... I miss the on/ off switch.. Gets a bit anoying to have to pull the trigger and get speed built before EVERY CUT!
                              10 ft round on one side and flat on the other cut at 18ishy inches will go faster if I wasn't always turning the damn thing on..
                              Even hand held gets kept on between cuts...
                              Same with gas cans.. Do I really need all that safety shit with my arthuritic hands? Get it set to pour.. Holding every crappy safety shit on... Oh dear! I'm not in position to POUR...merely move to pour sets the locks again!
                              I'm looking for my old spouts that are broke... Gonna figure a nipple, hose arrangement! Some inner tube, big washers, yeah! Station might not refill!

Comment

Working...
                              X